Benefit for Hurricane Sandy

dzu2

• Subscriber

I've been a huge U2 fan for over 25 years - spending thousands and thousands of dollars traveling to see them in concert around the world.  I have to say I'm quite disappointed there hasn't been a peep from the band regarding the devastation of Sandy in the New York/New Jersey area.  They stepped up for Katrina, where are they now?  They all live in NY from time to time.  If they saw the ruins left behind from Sandy; how could they not help in some way.  I may not be as loyal going forward if I don't hear something soon. 

• Subscriber

I agree with you

dzu2 wrote:

I've been a huge U2 fan for over 25 years - spending thousands and thousands of dollars traveling to see them in concert around the world.  I have to say I'm quite disappointed there hasn't been a peep from the band regarding the devastation of Sandy in the New York/New Jersey area.  They stepped up for Katrina, where are they now?  They all live in NY from time to time.  If they saw the ruins left behind from Sandy; how could they not help in some way.  I may not be as loyal going forward if I don't hear something soon. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

While it'd be nice to see them there I think its slightly unfair to criticise them for it or call it alarming.

Plus with a bill that included a Nirvana reunion, Bruce Springsteen, Paul McCartney & The Rolling Stones they probably felt it was well covered.

If you live in the UK/Ireland you would probably be surprised how negative the media and general population are to Bono in particular with his political/charity endeavours. Not my personal opinion but its the truth over here at least though not many ever criticise the music.

To quote a popular joke..."Bono dreams about being god...God dreams about being Bono".

• Subscriber

I don't find it alarming that they weren't involved. I thought briefly they might with Bono being a part time resident of NYC but, I don't have any ill feelings toward the band for not being involved. It isn't necessary for them to jump to the aid of every catastrophe in the world. I think the Jersey Shore had it's reps musically with Bruce and JBJ and quite honestly with a full line up like this:

Bon Jovi, Eric Clapton, Dave Grohl, Billy Joel, Alicia Keys, Chris Martin, The Rolling Stones, Bruce Springsteen & the E Street Band, Eddie Vedder, Roger Waters, Kanye West, The Who and Paul McCartney.

U2 wasn't really all that missed.

i'm in agreement with not being alarmed by the band not being involved in the actual relief efforts, would be nice to see, but not alarmed ....

HOWEVER.......Dzu2 mentioned "there hasnt been a peep" from the band.......I think could have at least mentioned something