Have you bought Coldplay Live 2012 DVD?

realgonekid

• Subscriber

Have any U2 fans bought Coldplay's new live concert dvd and how does it compare to U2's latest offerings? It'd be great if U2's next live dvd will include the full concert on CD also for audio pleasure. I have bought my copy today but will watch it this weekend and let you know what I think. Having seen them live this year at Emirates Stadium in London I don't think I'll be dissapointed.

• Subscriber

I'm getting it! I love live stuff, and blu-ray audio quality is wonderful. I wish U2 would make their older DVD's into blu-ray, with some nice DTS-HD, atleast the rose bowl is, but Coldplay is one of my other favorite bands(there's a big gap between them and U2 though), so I'm looking forward to getting Live 2012. So great that they include a CD too! One thing I don't like though, is the new Coldplay DVD isn't one concert.. it's performances taken from different concerts.. to me, that takes away from the experience a little bit.

• Subscriber

I'm getting it! I love live stuff, and blu-ray audio quality is wonderful. I wish U2 would make their older DVD's into blu-ray, with some nice DTS-HD, atleast the rose bowl is, but Coldplay is one of my other favorite bands(there's a big gap between them and U2 though), so I'm looking forward to getting Live 2012. So great that they include a CD too! One thing I don't like though, is the new Coldplay DVD isn't one concert.. it's performances taken from different concerts.. to me, that takes away from the experience a little bit.

I watched the Red Rocks remaster on my PS3 and the flow (how the movement on-screen looked) was a lot better than on my DVD player. 

I really want Foo Fighters to release their Reading set on DVD and have it on Blu-Ray as well so that I can relive one of the best gigs I've ever been to in HD! happy.gif

I downloaded the HD release. it is very good. Really striking cinematography. I'm unfamiliar with the Mylo Xyloto period but the segments from 'A Rush of Blood to the Head' era are great...though I'm not too keen on the latest outros for 'In My Place' or 'Yellow' from the 'Parachutes' era.

It seemed like a gretest hits collection rather than a concise showcase of their varied works. They've put out some really incredible early b-sides, none of which appear on this live collection.

And it looks like the songs are from 2 dates, Madrid and Paris.

Confidence in a higher speed...

P.S. Totally unrelated, but HALO 4- Forward Unto Dawn live-action film, really good. Master Chief's in it a lot.

• Subscriber

I've seen it and it was spectacular really! Coldplay is one of the most colorful bands out there. And I don't mean actual color but how  they reach out to their audiences and make them to be part of the show. The xylobands are an amazing part! Along with everything else. Don't want to spoil it for others who haven't see it yet.

Having a CD of the show is a real plus, I agree and wish U2 could do this as well. And we just bought a new big screen TV!! Looking to purchase a great sound system too.smokin.gif