I love their music, but I am sick and tired of this awful fan club!

Are

• Subscriber

Why do they not respond to messages?

1. I have tried for several years to get help because I have had problems logging in to U2.com, from every PC and every browser I have tried. They did not help me then.

2. I did not get a fan club CD a few years ago, and they did not provide me with a new one.

3. This year, I did not recieve U22, and I got error messages when sending a message through U2.com.

4. Last week, I sent a message asking for help because the website did not accept my home address, so I could not resubscribe and get the new fan club item!

I AM TIRED! WHY WONT THEM HELP?

If this was any other company, I would cease to purchase their product. But I love U2, and I have over a hundred U2 releases, and I cannot get myself to accept fact that I would miss out on great music.

• Subscriber

Why do they not respond to messages?

1. I have tried for several years to get help because I have had problems logging in to U2.com, from every PC and every browser I have tried. They did not help me then.

2. I did not get a fan club CD a few years ago, and they did not provide me with a new one.

3. This year, I did not recieve U22, and I got error messages when sending a message through U2.com.

4. Last week, I sent a message asking for help because the website did not accept my home address, so I could not resubscribe and get the new fan club item!

If this was any other company, I would cease to purchase their product. But I love U2, and I have over a hundred U2 releases, and I cannot get myself to accept fact that I would miss out on great music.
HA!  Get in line and join the club.

The only way you are going to get anything done is make phone calls...emails DO NOT work.

Also, another route is use your Admins like Baja, Max, or Bigwave...they can help too.

And then last, contact the BBB [better Business Bureau] at http://www.bbb.org/ to complain.

• Subscriber

[quote name='Allegra wrote:

Are']Why do they not respond to messages?

The only way you are going to get anything done is make phone calls...emails DO NOT work.

Also, another route is use your Admins like Baja, Max, or Bigwave...they can help too.

And then last, contact the BBB [better Business Bureau] at http://www.bbb.org/ to complain.

This is sad. Do you think U2 know how their fan club members are being treated? U2 should be notified!

Does anyone know who and where I should call?

This thread was deleted only a minute after I posted it, by what I assume is a moderator. I see now it has returned from the dead. I wonder why that happened.

• Subscriber

[quote name='Are wrote:

Allegra wrote:

Are']Why do they not respond to messages?

And then last, contact the BBB [better Business Bureau] at 
to complain.

This is sad. Do you think U2 know how their fan club members are being treated? U2 should be notified!

Does anyone know who and where I should call?

This thread was deleted only a minute after I posted it, by what I assume is a moderator. I see now it has returned from the dead. I wonder why that happened.
Simple...the 800 number should be at the top and/or bottom of the screen of U2 Shop.

And I've already written a 7-page soapbox letter and sent a copy to all 4 members.  If they've read it, I haven't a clue.  Everything is off of my chest now.  And if this place implodes...well...I won't be surprised...it's happened before.

• Subscriber

This. I called the 800 number and found out they had shipped the U22 package to my old address, even though I had switched my address in  February (a few months before they shipped mine out). They promptly sent out another one free of charge and it wasn't a problem after that.

In terms of the technical difficulties, have you tried using a different browser or is your computer an older model? I haven't had problems logging on here the whole time I've been a member, so that could be a possibility.

Otherwise yeah, when in doubt, call the 800 number. Especially if you're missing the free items in the mail!

this is what happens when you hire a piece of shit , third party company to run your fan club who has no ties to your group and don't really give damn!!!!

WHO HIRED THIS ORG TO RUN THIS????????

U2 DID!!!!!!!

no matter how far down the decision went ..........it has the name U2 on it!!!!!

U2.......bono, larry, edge, adam ARE ULTIMATELY RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS PIECE OF SHIT SITE!!!!!

PERIOD!!!!

• Subscriber

this is what happens when you hire a piece of shit , third party company to run your fan club who has no ties to your group and don't really give damn!!!!

U2 DID!!!!!!!

no matter how far down the decision went ..........it has the name U2 on it!!!!!

U2.......bono, larry, edge, adam ARE ULTIMATELY RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS PIECE OF SHIT SITE!!!!!

PERIOD!!!!

Strong words there. You mean it right?

I have never had any problems with U2.com since I have been a member. Maybe I am just lucky. Pre-sales have gone through smooth on the last tour, Vertigo tour was hectic! Meltdown this place was...

But I do agree that U2 are not in touch with their fans. I do have some certain issues with some things, the new gift, U22 (although better than Duals) and this forum is dead. The buzz has gone from here, I have ended up speaking to more Zootops on facebook than I do on here.

Live Nation are in control now as U2 have sold to them. This is what we will have for the next few more years. 

• Subscriber

[quote name='MacFoley wrote:

liljbau']this is what happens when you hire a piece of shit , third party company to run your fan club who has no ties to your group and don't really give damn!!!!

U2 DID!!!!!!!

PERIOD!!!!

Strong words there. You mean it right?

I have never had any problems with U2.com since I have been a member. Maybe I am just lucky. Pre-sales have gone through smooth on the last tour, Vertigo tour was hectic! Meltdown this place was...

But I do agree that U2 are not in touch with their fans. I do have some certain issues with some things, the new gift, U22 (although better than Duals) and this forum is dead. The buzz has gone from here, I have ended up speaking to more Zootops on facebook than I do on here.

Live Nation are in control now as U2 have sold to them. This is what we will have for the next few more years. 
I think Jim has had more problems than most of us. Personally I'm angry at them sending me two U22 recently when I tried to say do not send any! hahaha