Bono Musician or Save the World'er???

• Subscriber

Not had the patience or time to read through the whole thread but it's sure good to see plenty of interaction in the free section happy.gif By the way, great show on BDfm as usual Bazza. Hmm these posts take me back to a time back when I was a paid up member..... very simlar 'discussions' went on back then too by a regular poster who kinda went off the radar for a while. Ahh those were the days..... were they not wink.gif

Such fun happy.gif

Exactly Stardust!  You don't miss anything by not reading the thread.  This thread is not really important since we've already discussed such topics to death.  It's just a reminder of what this place was and what it may never be again.

Thank you Basher!  :)

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

... I was a U2 fan long before Live Aid - I don't need a history lesson on why BAD turned into a 14 minute rendition.  Yep, U2 were playing big shows globally prior to Live Aid - they were playing those shows to U2 fans though.  Ask a 'non' U2 fan had they heard of Red Rocks or US festival prior to Live Aid and a huge majority won't have a clue.  Ask them about U2 post Live Aid and yep, they'll remember the 14 minute version of BAD and Bono jumping off the stage (regardless of the reason).  I was at secondary school (high school for you Americans out there) when Live Aid happened.  I was pretty young, coming up to 12 but unlike my schoolmates, I had been gazing at U2 posters on my walls for the previous 3 years or so, whilst they were listening to Spandau Ballet, Duran Duran et al.  They KNEW who U2 were on the Monday morning in school and could see what I had spent the previous few years harping on about.  I am absolutely certain that my experience wasn't unique and the same thing was happening globally on the Monday morning back at school!

... Whilst your at it - ask a shit load of U2 fans globally when they became a U2 fan, and a shit load will tell you it was off the back of Live Aid.  It WAS a defining moment in their career
I bet a few 'non' U2 fans watched red rocks on the tube?(and correct me if i'm wrong wasn't it shown twice on there) but anyway was it off the wall that kept UABRS of the number 1 spot? And there's no doubt they were on the way before live aid for me,the sell-out at milton keynes bowl says that before live aid.

But anyway the monday morning after live aid was justification for me in school at the time after championing U2 for so long from 14-16 years old.I was bangin on and probably borin everyone to death who was a durannie round that time!

Anyway who's gettin the popcorn?tongue.gif

• Subscriber

Not had the patience or time to read through the whole thread but it's sure good to see plenty of interaction in the free section happy.gif By the way, great show on BDfm as usual Bazza. Hmm these posts take me back to a time back when I was a paid up member..... very simlar 'discussions' went on back then too by a regular poster who kinda went off the radar for a while. Ahh those were the days..... were they not wink.gif

Such fun happy.gif

It's all a hoax, an inside job to get us back in here lol

Let's stop messing around.

Bono should get back to his day job. Rocking the hell out with his mates from school. That is what he was born to do, be creative and an artist.

U2 themselves said they would have released more albums if Bono was around, and I know what I would prefer being a U2 fan and that is more music.

As for U2. They are all equal. All as important as each other. There is no one that is better or more important. They all have a role and do it well.

They have not and ever have been a christian band in my opinion. They write about all kinds of religions if you look outside of the box. But I do agree that they write more about God than Jesus. And when they do write about Jesus, Bono writes about Jesus not in the way of praise like he does God, but questions to Jesus.

Anyway, how is my take on it.

• Subscriber

Let's stop messing around.

Bono should get back to his day job. Rocking the hell out with his mates from school. That is what he was born to do, be creative and an artist.

U2 themselves said they would have released more albums if Bono was around, and I know what I would prefer being a U2 fan and that is more music.

As for U2. They are all equal. All as important as each other. There is no one that is better or more important. They all have a role and do it well.

They have not and ever have been a christian band in my opinion. They write about all kinds of religions if you look outside of the box. But I do agree that they write more about God than Jesus. And when they do write about Jesus, Bono writes about Jesus not in the way of praise like he does God, but questions to Jesus.

Anyway, how is my take on it.

MacFoley-Troll-Inside-Job-Hoaxter: I'm not gonna bite. You obviously just want me to kick yer arse on the tripe about Bono supposedly writing about Jesus not in a way of praise. And believe me I would kick yer arse on it big time, but I'm not falling for it. Trying to draw me back onto the boards, huh? Funny how you showed up Now of all times. Whatev.

• Subscriber

Ness have i ever told you i love you???

embarassed.giftongue.gif

On another note - someone's a hero around here? Who is being a hero to whom???

Would you dance, if I asked you to dance? Would you run, and never look back? Would you cry, if you saw me crying? And would you save my soul, tonight?

Would you tremble, if I touched your lips? Would you laugh? Oh please, tell me this. Now would you die, for the one you love? Hold me in your arms, tonight.

I can be your hero, baby. I can kiss away your pain. I will stand by you forever. You can take my breath away.

Would you swear, that you'll always be mine? Or would you lie? Would you run and hide? Am I in too deep? Have I lost my mind? I don't care you're here, tonight.

I can be your hero, baby. I can kiss away the pain. I will stand by you forever. You can take my breath away.

Oh, I just want to hold you. I just want to hold you, oh yeah. Am I in too deep? Have I lost my mind? Well I don't care you're here, tonight.

I can be your hero, baby. I can kiss away the pain, oh yeah. I will stand by you forever. You can take my breath away. I can be your hero, I can kiss away the pain. And I will stand by you, forever. You can take my breath away. You can take my breath away. And I can be your heeeeerrroooo.

roll.gifroll.gifroll.gif