New U2 album news

daved45

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

Their record company confirmed that they are coming out with a new album in 2013, but u2 decides when the album comes out but most likely late 2013, the rumor is that they will come out with a album in late 2013 and then go on tour in spring 2014, and they will be touring in indoor stadiums, that is the rumor, none of it's official except the fact their coming out with a album in 2013

• Subscriber

My guess is that they will go into the studio after the xmas period to continue working on material they have already recorded with Dangermouse.

If things go to plan, there is no reason why U2 won't release the new album in the fall of 2013 like they had done in the past.

No Line was due to be out in the fall of 2008, but then they decided to carry on working on it.

If this traditional way of U2 albums being mainly released in the fall of the year does not come next year, God knows when the album will be out.

2014 then?

• Subscriber

I'd still put my money on 2014!

Here in the UK i just can't see them doing arenas again though.

They sold out the last tour very quickly so for example if they played two nights at wembley at 90'000 each night to compensate that demand the biggeest arena in London is the O2 at 20'000 so they'd be doing 9 nights there to reach the demand. Thats the advantage of stadiums they can reach the most ammount of fans in the smallest ammount of time.

Unless they decided to do most cities in the UK but a few nights or one night in each but the tour would go on forever throughout the world.

Unless they maybe did release the album late next year and a few arena shows in the winter then a couple stadium dates in the following summer.

• Subscriber

I heard, from somebody who is VERY close to the Hewson family that the album might be for EARLY 2013. I'm really hoping for it. He also told me it'll be one of their bests. Lets hope for it.

As for the stadium or indoor question. I think there is a huge chance that they go indoor again. IF they start a tour, which is very likely, the chances are there that they travel around the world (Europe/USA) 2 times like they did in 360° and one leg might be indoor, and the other stadium. Its quite obvious they won't do a huge 360° production again.

Another pro indoor is the intimacy between the band and the audience. Maybe they want to regain it. Of course there was already a huge intimacy because of the 360 claw, but not like in an indoor show where you can touch him.

I think it would be amazing to see them indoor, it would be my very first time indoor. 2nd leg might be stadium which is great and huge.