What do you like about HTDAAB?

MrSwagger

• Subscriber

1. Combines some easier-sounding stuff with a little familiar sounding songwriting from the band, along with a few rock riffs. Nothing wrong with that.

2. Middle of the pack somewhere, I'd think.

3. Vertigo (Edge gives his naysayers a "f*ck off" by creating a bar chord riff that ranks up with the best of them), Original of the Species (sentimentality and musical background), City of Blinding Lights (kills live and the soaring pre-chorus)

Miracle Drug and One Step Closer are honorable mentions.

fave 3 songs- 1) miracle drug- my fave edge's guitar solo.....the part that goes "beneath the noise, below the din....." and bono is mouthing it while edge sings it live from chicago- the dvd

2) crumbs from your table- those icy notes and the chimes at the beginning.....remind me so much of the opening segment of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Inductions...the little clip before the Boss gave his speech.

3)city of blinding lights- "oh! you!! look so BEAUUUUUUUUUTIFUL" ....opening song at the st. louiis show , vertigo tour ....confetti coming down (chicago opener, the night i was there - love and peace or else :( )

360 - loved it more

RANKING- lower half of the albums, maybe middle.

what do i like about it as a whole? great question...would have to think about that

• Subscriber

Love it for sentimental reasons. Admire the complexity and cleverness of the imagery in the lyrics. Lyric writing since then has gone right off the boil. Musically would probably rank it the same as others here, about middle.

1. One step closer. Why- simplicity and the line "I'm under a bridge and a riptide's taken everything I own... one step closer to knowing".

2. Miracle Drug. Why- Silver and shimmer in the cymbals. Amazing performance by Larry, on record and live. Favourite line- "beneath the noise below the din I hear your voice it's whispering".

3. Yahweh. Why- Bono's voice and the band performance as a unit. I loved seeing them side by side performing it, live.

• Subscriber

1. I was never a fan of the art and imgery that came with the album I found it quite dark and dull. The music was good and it had a few stand out tracks but it was nothing special probably the album I expected following the more pop friendly ATYCLB.

2. Middle of the pack/lower half as with most people here.

3. Original of the Species - Thing its a great song and probably the best on the album for me.

City Of Blinding Lights - Love it live the album version is good but when its played live its something else

Love & Peace or Else - No idea why just think its a little different

I dont mind Vertigo either and while I appreciate Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own it is probably one my least favourite singles they've done.

• Subscriber

Miracle Drug, Original of the species and Crumbs are my favourite songs. I prefer the album now to when it first came out. Like the artwork thought it wasnt dark and dull at all.... Thought it looked good, better than nloth. Have to place it about 7th though.

• Subscriber

1. Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own - one of my all-time favourite U2 songs, I just the passion and emotion Bono puts into it.

2. Crumbs From Your Table - quite the tune, I originally skipped over it but now I get a really good feeling from it.

3. Vertigo - the song that actually got me into U2!