Sign in to follow this  
monica martino

Renewal Mail

Wow that is great that you two got your $10.00 returned. Last year when I went to renew, there was no "Re-subscribe" option. Only the option to become a new subscriber. I contacted the powers that be and the issue never was repaired. After 8 weeks or so I just ended up subscribing as a new member because I didn't want too much time to pass. Now my info page says I've been a member since 2009, in actuality I've been a member since 2000/2001. I sent another e-mail off yesterday through the help page. I'm really hoping for a resolution this go round. It really isn't about the $10. I am most concerned with losing my member status since it looks like there may be new music and a tour on the horizon, no pun intended! Lol

Wow that is great that you two got your $10.00 returned. Last year when I went to renew, there was no "Re-subscribe" option. Only the option to become a new subscriber. I contacted the powers that be and the issue never was repaired. After 8 weeks or so I just ended up subscribing as a new member because I didn't want too much time to pass. Now my info page says I've been a member since 2009, in actuality I've been a member since 2000/2001. I sent another e-mail off yesterday through the help page. I'm really hoping for a resolution this go round. It really isn't about the $10. I am most concerned with losing my member status since it looks like there may be new music and a tour on the horizon, no pun intended! Lol

let us know what happens trish...a new tour is on the horizon and its painful to hear what happened to your status!

Me too :( Never received an alert to renew my subscribtion. Discussed with the support at that time and the only option was to upgrade my free account with the normal $50 option. Not too worried about the $10 difference, but I would like to keep my "member since status". Well, I noe asked about that from the support and let's see what comes back...

Seems quite a effort to stay as a member ;)

Just had a look at my account info and it also says I have been a member since 2009 even though it has been longer. If you look at the invoice when you subscribed a number is after U2.com this goes up each year you re subscribe.

Here is what was on my last invoice:

-------------------------------------------------------

Code Description Qty Shipped Qty Ordered

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

U2CFF013 U2.com8 Subscription Package- 2012/2013 1 1

Conor, apologies if I am misreading your post but is it the 'member since 2009' that concerns you?

If so, when this site had a revamp just before NLOTH came out, everyone's status changed including the date of joining which now shows up as Feb 2009 regardless of when you actually joined. It was kinda like a clean slate. A lot of people weren't happy about it!

the 2009 date only applies to the community pages (Zootopia), as Anjana says, that date was a move to a new platform which wiped out previous with no carry over of dates, whereas the main U2.com site will know your exact date of becoming a member and hold a record of that.

Same thing has happened here for the 2nd year running - no reminder emails, no renewal option (mine ran out yesterday) but today it is there with the $50 renewal option

Hey Mr. Fish we are in the same boat here. No reminder, no option to resubscribe only upgrade. As I said before this happened to me last year and I ended up paying $50 instead of $40. Never got reimbursed. I have sent 2 e-mails this year and am waiting for a response. I would like after so many years here to not lose my status..... 

Update:

I have received word back from LiveNation and they advised me to use the upgrade option for renewal, and to send them my order# for the $10 reimbursement. She also said that I will be able to keep my priority status. Wow, after last years debacle I was not expecting a positive outcome. The woman I dealt with is named Barbara, I highly advise anyone with issues to seek her out. 

• Upvote 1

Sign in to follow this