U2 Should Not Have Gotten Involved With Live Nation

dawni

• Subscriber

I have been a paid memeber since the start of the website and my membership expired yesterday and now I am required to pay $50 instead of the $40 renewal.  I had been having problems logging into U2 and called today.  The person I spoke to at Live Nation very nasty and told me that my membership expired yesterday and too bad that I would have to pay the $50.  I told him that I was having problems with logging in and that I never received an email that my subscription was going to expire.  Then with

an even more nastier attitude than before, he told me there was nothing he could do.  I asked to speak to a supervisor and he told me he was the only supervisor which I find hard to believe that a supervisor is answering the phone.  This is disgraceful and I am suprised that U2 would allow fans to be treated this way.  Has anyone else had this problem?

• Subscriber

I am in a very similar situation.  I'm not happy about this at all. I've filled out the help form online but haven't heard anything back. I've been member of this site since they first added paid members, and am not happy about the prospect of losing my status for upcoming presales should U2 start touring again.  This should have never happened this way.

• Community Manager

I am in a very similar situation.  I'm not happy about this at all. I've filled out the help form online but haven't heard anything back. I've been member of this site since they first added paid members, and am not happy about the prospect of losing my status for upcoming presales should U2 start touring again.  This should have never happened this way.

Hi, just answered you in the other thread, but see you have already sent off a message vis the Help page. When did you send it off?

• Subscriber

Thank you!  I sent the first message via the help page on Saturday from my mobile phone and then tried again earlier this morning since I wasn't 100% sure the first one went through.  I appreciate the assistance.  I will try to call tomorrow if I still have no luck today.

• Subscriber

I have to say I agree with the title of this topic.  I just noticed that the subscription bundle description says it includes ZOOTV discs from the 1993 Popmart tour.  It's a small thing, but still just doesn't seem right on a U2 fan site.  A few years ago my wife bought me t-shirts off the site that shrunk in the first wash.  The customer service response was that they were decorative t-shirts not meant to be worn, even though the description on the site said nothing of the sort.  Subsequent complaints were never answered.  Just boggles the mind.

At least the subscription gifts have been great the last few years!

• Subscriber

It pays to buy t's at gig's, i ordered a u2 wings (JT style logo) t-shirt that i've wanted for ages, when it arrived the print was not in the centre and off axis as well. Returned it after paying heavy duties :unsure: 

The rest of the stuff in the shop has always been good. The tour date t's seem to be ok though.

• Subscriber

So I just called U2.com again because I have not been able to log into the store.  This lovely girl named Lindsay located in Viginia helped me.  She explained to me that they changed systems for the store and that the U2.com information did not carry over so I had to create a new login.  She said this happened after 2011 which was the last time I purchased something.  So, that's fine.  Anyway, I asked her if she worked with a Chad and she said that he is out in California.  Then I asked if he was a supervisor and she told me that he was not.  I knew he wasn't.

• 3 weeks later...