Sweet Achtung Baby

pain_18_

• Subscriber

Sweet Achtung Baby

Twenty years after and it's like the band have just finished jamming together in the Hansa Ton studios in the Eastern Berlin. It's as if 20 seconds have passed, The Edge had repeatedly sound-checked his guitar at monstrous volume, Larry had come with the hammer from the attic and Adam laid that manly - smooth groove with the cigarette on the tip of his lips. As for Bono well the cigarettes have done it well for him on this album turning everything into an aggressive discussion about the simple things of life that people complicate so much every day. U2 have had patience for the inspiration to arrive and thus resulted an album bigger than them...that definitely  defied time. They choose to use the trabant, a symbol of being humble in the presence of music, to feature on the album cover.
As for me, looking back now...16 years out of my almost 24 have been lost more than less but Achtung Baby sends me into that trance of rebirth. Every time I'm asking myself if the cassette  slash disc slash cd or whatever is broken or is that U2 playing? It got me over the hardest parts of school that now are still as hard as ever if not tougher...it got me through my college degree !
Making Achtung Baby is driving the Trabant on an abrupt mountain road at night with low light coming out of the headlights, you  have a man walking in front of the car guiding you with a flashlight and the car STILL doesn't break down and the journey is beautiful, sometimes scary, extremely risky but you're still doing it..We're still doing it! Each and one of us are continuing to make their own Achtung Baby.

In Addition: Happy Birthday Larry Mullen Jr. !                                                       

By pain_18_ - 31.10.2011

• Subscriber

nice review!!!  wonderful album ...SO MANY memories associated with it ......soundtrack of some of the BEST years of my life !!!!!

Same case here, especially because I was 3 years old when it came out, in 1991 !!!

Edited by pain_18_