No, I Dont Want To Go To Church For All The Free Stuff, You Immoral Creeps!

xtraspicy62

being pressured over and over to join a church quickly, so that they can help me by providing me with free services and such...

Its too personal a decision for me, and to reduce church to nothing but a place to go for free help is morally repugnant to me.

Yet so many well meaning people keep pushing me to join one, any one...so that I can get services.

I want to get to know the people at church and their teachings before I would ever join.

I take it very seriously.

Joining is a commitment.

A church is a family and a belief system...

It would feel like I'm using them if I would just join all willy-nilly.

But even professional business people are recommending doing this very thing.

What has happened to the world?

Isnt church sacred any more?

Edited by xtraspicy62

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

Hi Spicy, check out the church first. You don't have to decide if you want to join. If it is the right church for you and you are feeling the true Jesus love. Then, you won't have any regrets in asking for anything or any help and I don't believe you actually have to join any church. You can just attend and if things are right. You'll go to the next step in making a commitment to them or it's people without any guilt.

I feel your pain because I work with some uber-religious types who believe their church is the only church and shove their beliefs down everyone's throat.

I feel your pain as well, illum...so many cruel people in church!

can often be like high school with clicks and factions!!

what would jesus say?

Hi Spicy, check out the church first. You don't have to decide if you want to join. If it is the right church for you and you are feeling the true Jesus love. Then, you won't have any regrets in asking for anything or any help and I don't believe you actually have to join any church. You can just attend and if things are right. You'll go to the next step in making a commitment to them or it's people without any guilt.

thanks for the support....

i really want to like and love the church first, before I go "gimmie-gimmie"....

what is wrong with that, I wonder?

the commitment is usually going to be a huge one, as you become part of the family, and support them with on-going tithes and getting involved with activities/leadership..

The church is depicted as a "do-gooder" type of organization, so are we supposed to just take from them and not give-back, 'cause "thats what a church is for"?

to be used?

Well if you want the literal meaning of church, church just means a gathering of people in one place. The church is people, it's not a building,

I am Catholic, I go to St George. We have outreach, and we don't tell people they need to join. Heck, some that we have helped have come back after, broken into our pantries and taken food to be sold off for drugs. But we've never gone after them. We hope they'd come to their senses of their own accord.

If a "church" is telling you that have to or should join in order to receive help then that's the devil's work.

They should pray on your behalf if they follow their faith for intercession but never force you into a compromise.

Know what I mean?

• Subscriber

My faith is in God, not churches and certainly not religion.

True..and it's getting more difficult to find the right church these days. I visited one of the churches I was a regular of many years. During the elections and couldn't believe what I was hearing. From the pulpit, telling, hinting on who to vote and who not to. I couldn't feel part of the congregation because I don't believe you should tell everybody what to do and who to vote for. We don't all think alike and when I heard applause and amen's and so on I almost walked out. Truthfully, I knew I would be hearing something about the elections but didn't realise how loud and in your face it would be.