When I Think Of The Blogs...

musicabona

• Subscriber

Having joined U2.com almost three years ago, I never thought that an internet site, particularly the blog section, would enrich my life with so many memorable experiences. Personally, I sometimes used this feature to post my own reviews about U2´s music and I also appreciated the great opportunity to communicate and connect with U2 fans around the world. We live in different countries and continents, but when we came to this special place we enjoyed a sense of closeness, humour and community. Over the last weeks, months and years many beautiful ideas and thoughts were posted and for me the blog area was a very open place where we all loved the chance to develop our individual styles of writing. Having read the posts on a regular basis, I got to know such a wide and colourful variety to share something genuinely positive with others: Personal stories, satires, reviews, reports about U2 concerts, daily life, nature, sport, work and more.

Like many of us, I miss the blogs and hope for their reinstatement.  

• Subscriber

Beautifully put Musicabona. I miss the blogs too. Have nothing against the forums and the good people in here as I like chatting in the forums too. But the blogs need to come back. I miss reading your blogs and the ones of others too 

• Subscriber

Having joined U2.com almost three years ago, I never thought that an internet site, particularly the blog section, would enrich my life with so many memorable experiences. Personally, I sometimes used this feature to post my own reviews about U2´s music and I also appreciated the great opportunity to communicate and connect with U2 fans around the world. We live in different countries and continents, but when we came to this special place we enjoyed a sense of closeness, humour and community. Over the last weeks, months and years many beautiful ideas and thoughts were posted and for me the blog area was a very open place where we all loved the chance to develop our individual styles of writing. Having read the posts on a regular basis, I got to know such a wide and colourful variety to share something genuinely positive with others: Personal stories, satires, reviews, reports about U2 concerts, daily life, nature, sport, work and more.

Like many of us, I miss the blogs and hope for their reinstatement.  

Hear, hear.

And while they're at it, they need to bring back our U2 bandmembers emoticons. Who in their right mind takes away that from U2.com?

• Subscriber

To use a U2 song title- Where did it all go wrong? Through the satire, swears and sadness lies the continous theme of a deep desire to be with our blogging friends once again. As always, Pam puts it in such an elequent way that I would never be able to. Over the last 3 years, friendships formed, emails exchanged, birthdays celebrated and packages sent, all thanks to the blogging connections formed here at U2.com. An explanation would GREATLY be appreciated by all for what exactly happened.

What exactly are the warning points for if they are not to be implemented? Total elimination of a section on our website for a reason no one even knows? We deserve better!

I originally joined U2.com for the pre-sale codes and only the pre-sale codes. Those were used up 4 years ago, I continued my paid membership because of all the people I met within the blog section, knowing full well that U2's pre-sale codes were years away from returning.

To all my blogging friends, whatever the outcome, it was and will continue to be money well spent.

Edited by joe

• Subscriber

Thank you for your eloquent words, Joe. You perfectly describe what our blog site was about: It was about friendship and community and through reading various entries we found a connection to many great people. I will also continue to stay a paid member to keep in touch with all my fellow bloggers and friends.

It´s true that we need to know a concrete reason why our favourite place was closed. What has happened?? We all can only try to improve and avoid possible mistakes in the future if we get some comprehensible information what was wrong.

• Subscriber
To use a U2 song title- Where did it all go wrong? Through the satire, swears and sadness lies the continous theme of a deep desire to be with our blogging friends once again. As always, Pam puts it in such an elequent way that I would never be able to. Over the last 3 years, friendships formed, emails exchanged, birthdays celebrated and packages sent, all thanks to the blogging connections formed here at U2.com. An explanation would GREATLY be appreciated by all for what exactly happened.What exactly are the warning points for if they are not to be implemented? Total elimination of a section on our website for a reason no one even knows? We deserve better!I originally joined U2.com for the pre-sale codes and only the pre-sale codes. Those were used up 4 years ago, I continued my paid membership because of all the people I met within the blog section, knowing full well that U2's pre-sale codes were years away from returning.To all my blogging friends, whatever the outcome, it was and will continue to be money well spent.

Gay. But I like it, so you can stay.