Sign in to follow this  
febottini

Rumour About New Tour

I hear they may be playing small gigs in fan's front rooms, I'd be up for that, I have high ceilings, could be good acoustics :lol:

Oh no, this would mean housework th_smiley_emoticons_doh.gif

I had a houseful of Zootops last summer - fitted about 30 or so in the living room and kitchen (and some stragglers in the garden) - took my poor floors weeks to recover from all the spilt booze and the Glasto looking garden aftermath. But was amazing and would do it every weekend if possible :)

If they were playing my living room Zhiv, they'd be an audience of one (and two cats), I'm way too selfish to share them lol, I'll conveniently ignore 'love and community' on that one! They'd still have to take their shoes off, use coasters and put the toilet seat down, lol, I have my standards! (and I bet one of them will have holey socks!!)

• Upvote 1

Haha coasters.

Well, this is fun to consider.

So, if it was an acoustic concert I could host it no problem. I have a big backyard with fire pit and the house is big enough but if they wanted to amplify anything, we're looking at a permit. I live in a national park. Someone might call out a warden on us for frightening the wildlife.

Madonna had a concert in a national historic site last year though so we might be able to get it through.  :rolleyes:

Not one to be moved by (or start rumors) BUT I had heard this (or more something close to this) in Dec from a very good source but like most things I hear I never really gave it a second thought (well not all of it)

During a conversation I was told an idea had come up about them doing something like ''3'' shows in Dublin & wherever other cities BUT doing them as ''3'' different shows as in the first being in a small venue then a medium sized place then a stadium show - I was told they got the idea from the Rolling Stones who done something like this previously (I Did not know that) It was only when I seen this new ''Rumor'' that I thought it sounded (kind of) the same...

It's a great idea (IF TRUE) and would certainly be amaZing to catch them in a smaller capacity ie Vicar St OR The Olympia in Dublin..

Anyhow - As I said Im not one for rumors but thought I'd add my bit of information...

So, Let the rumors begin / eXpand  

Years ago I saw Mary Black in The Olympia, but that venue is far too small for a U2 concert.

During the Joshua Tree tour U2 played in Foret National (Brussels), with a capacity of only 8.000 to 9.000 people. The hunt for tickets was horrible. Not to be repeated if you ask me.

Not one to be moved by (or start rumors) BUT I had heard this (or more something close to this) in Dec from a very good source but like most things I hear I never really gave it a second thought (well not all of it)

During a conversation I was told an idea had come up about them doing something like ''3'' shows in Dublin & wherever other cities BUT doing them as ''3'' different shows as in the first being in a small venue then a medium sized place then a stadium show - I was told they got the idea from the Rolling Stones who done something like this previously (I Did not know that) It was only when I seen this new ''Rumor'' that I thought it sounded (kind of) the same...

It's a great idea (IF TRUE) and would certainly be amaZing to catch them in a smaller capacity ie Vicar St OR The Olympia in Dublin..

This idea has been mentioned a bit in other forums beforehand, and it would be interesting to see if they'd ever do something like this. Forgive me for asking, but is the rumor that they would play six total shows in 2014, or six shows in each city? I can't imagine them playing a city just once in that situation! :lol:

Anyhow - As I said Im not one for rumors but thought I'd add my bit of information...

So, Let the rumors begin / eXpand  

Years ago I saw Mary Black in The Olympia, but that venue is far too small for a U2 concert.

During the Joshua Tree tour U2 played in Foret National (Brussels), with a capacity of only 8.000 to 9.000 people. The hunt for tickets was horrible. Not to be repeated if you ask me.

Something I wouldn't be looking forward to (if it were to happen) is the madness getting tickets but on the other hand I would love to see them in an intimate venue like Vicar St / Olympia

The only solution seems to be a private concert for a few hundred selected fans. :-) :)  

I hope this is just what it is...a rumor.  I HATE, HATE, HATE this idea.  Makes me sick to think about it.  And can Bono's voice handle 6 nights in a row?

The only solution seems to be a private concert for a few hundred selected fans. :-) :)  

Concerts only for Zootopians  :P

Concerts only for Zootopians  :P

Absolutely! We have followed loyally! :D:wub: