Streaming Music Vs Downloads

scout6

Another article from BBC HERE about streaming vs downloads and it's role in music sales.

It's all new to me, which according to the graph that shows Canada near the bottom of countries using streaming makes me an average Joe here.

What do some of you think about it? Anybody using it much where you live? Pros/cons?

• Subscriber

The only streaming of music I have listened to is concert feeds. The article is an interesting one. Personally I prefer to actually own the music on something physical like a CD, but that is just me. 

• Subscriber

I don't listen to streaming except the feeds in here and rarely even download, I think I'm just not used to it, have never really took the time to familiarise myself with its benefits (it takes me a while to catch up with the rest of the world lol).

I've always liked to own something physical like a CD or vinyl, I realise this makes me sound ancient but I loved opening out vinyl record sleeves, reading the literature and taking in the artwork that ran through the product, it was like an experience. I'm old school when it comes to music! :unsure: