Nooo! Sad Bass-Player News.

• Subscriber

There's a song of theirs that I absolutely love & adore: 'Kryptonite.' Also really really like the song 'Here Without You.' Hearts go out to the family of the other driver. I don't know Todd's story & people are innocent unless proven guilty, but I SO wish the music world could find a way ahead of time to help steer all their fellow musicians away from even going down the road of substance-abuse - especially while they are still up-&-coming or young. Does anyone know of an organization that does that? If there is none, what a great idea it would be for someone to create an organization like that to help.

3 Doors Down Bassist Charged In Fatal Crash

By Ed Payne and AnneClaire Stapleton, CNN

Sun April 21, 2013

130421043742-three-doors-down-todd-harre
Robert Todd Harrell of 3 Doors Down performs with the band.

• Robert Harrell is charged with vehicular homicide
  • He is also charged with bringing controlled substances into the jail
  • The accident happened Friday night in Nashville
  • 3 Doors Down may be best known for its song "Kryptonite"

(CNN) -- Police have charged the bassist of the rock band 3 Doors Down with vehicular homicide after they said his speeding car clipped a pickup truck, sending it down an embankment and killing the driver. The incident took place Friday night in Nashville. Police said Robert Todd Harrell, 41, showed signs of impairment and acknowledged he had consumed hard cider and taken the prescription pills Lortab and Xanax.

During a search in the booking room, authorities said, Davidson County Sheriff's deputies discovered a plastic bag concealed in his sock that contained 8 Xanax pills, 24 oxycodone pills and 4 oxymorphone pills. Harrell also has been charged with bringing controlled substances into the jail. He was being held in lieu of $100,000 bond.

Police said the pickup's driver, Paul Howard Shoulders, was not wearing a seat belt and was ejected from his truck. He was pronounced dead at Vanderbilt University Medical Center. "We are deeply saddened by the passing of Paul Howard Shoulders, Jr.," said a statement on the band's website. "Our hearts and prayers go out to his family and friends at this difficult time."

3 Doors Down may be best known for its song "Kryptonite," but had a string of hits in the early 2000s, including "When I'm Gone" and "Here Without You." Harrell is one of three founding members of the group that formed in Escatawpa, Mississippi, in 1994, according to allmusic.com. The band toured regionally before eventually being discovered at a music showcase in New York. The band's major label debut, "The Better Life," has sold more than six million copies, according to the Recording Industry Association of America.

Edited by Alma1
  • Subscriber

3 Doors Down - Here Without You

*******************************************************************************************

This has been on YouTube since 2008 (I don't know the uploader): so no commentary is meant on this month's news:

3 doors down - kryptonite (lyrics)

Edited by Alma1
  • Subscriber

Maybe it was a police frame up? Dare I say Bass Trap?

Now you're thinking, Joe. Yup. It would be the same people who are hiding the fact Elvis is still alive, who framed the Boston bombers, & who know where Jimmy Hoffa's body is. Lol.

Now all there's left to do is to figure out what Tupelo Mississippi (Elvis's birthplace), Boston, the Teamsters Union, & Escatawpa, Mississippi have in common (Escatawpa being where 3 Doors Down is from). Then we'll really be onto something! :D

• Subscriber

Yes Elvis is still alive he lives down my street, hes lost alot of weight thou  :P

Lol. Hi 123. How's it going? Tell Elvis 'it's now or never' for him to give us some new songs or else we'll get 'all shook up.' :)