U2 And James Bond 007

forgrins

• Subscriber

I got a vision today:  U2 and 007

I was jamming to "Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me" and it got a vision of U2 producing music for a James Bond movie.  "Hold Me" is edgy, sleek and sexy, which are the key elements of 007. 

I assume the next James Bond will be younger and more debonair (than Daniel Craig) and with that, will be new music to counteract Adele's opening number from Skyfall.

Only the future will tell but if I'm right, I'm going to get a crystal ball and go full-on fortune teller.

• Subscriber

Bono and Edge were behind Tina Turner's Golden Eye, so we have half of U2, maybe the full set one day! :)

The other two guys, can't mind their names, they done that Mission:Impossible thing so that's your spy soundtrack covered. Job's a good 'un.

• Subscriber

Good idea! Ideally they should have done it when Pierce Brosnan was James Bond; we would have had an all Irish Approach......better late that never though!!!

• Subscriber

Good idea! Ideally they should have done it when Pierce Brosnan was James Bond; we would have had an all Irish Approach......better late that never though!!!

The mention of Bronholm reminded me instantly of this...good old Adam & Joe! 

• Subscriber

Ooh! You're onto something. I like it. I like it very much.

• Subscriber

Just my opinion here.

Adele has killed it. Stone dead. They may as well just use the opening of Skyfall forever now.

'Golden eye' is an awesome song, and the best thing about Bond in the Brosnan era.

The best Bond song, not in a Bond film....has to be:

• Subscriber

Am I the only person who doesn't think the Adele song was as great as it was hyped up to be? Dunno I was a little disappointed tbh. To my ears it was just ok, I mean she has a stonking vocal, no doubt about it, but I didn't think it was Oscar worthy good :huh: