U2 Mixing The New Album In New York And To Be Released In December?

MacFoley

• Subscriber

December hey? Happy Birthday to me then :D

I am looking forward to it. If it is sort of gravitating to AB maybe doing the 'almost greatest hits' leg of the tour inspired them some

Yeah December album, nice time to release a record! Putting your tree up listening to the new U2 album! Ho ho ho!!!

Ahh...............that sounds very nice!!!!   Would brighten up the holidays for sure. 

:)

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmmmm...I think it will be an album with big songs with big chorus's. Songs that are written like hits with some neat production.

What I find when listening to How To Dismantle, is the production is all over the shop. I think that album, they wore out producers and it just sounds like a bunch of songs thrown together with different mixes, and not knowing how it really wanted to sound.

No Line features the murky, gloomy, atmospheric ambiance of Eno and this is why I don't think many people latched on to it. But I love it as it reminds me of The Unforgettable Fire sort of sound, but the album is very mid tempo, then Get On Your Boots comes on. But again, a lot of peeps hate that song and kind of killed the album I think for them.

So it will be a newer sound for U2 on this album, and Danger Mouse is a drummer and maybe has taught Larry some new tricks.

The biggest problem with Bomb or ATYCLB is that they're a superb collection of songs but they have no sound or "feeling" in common. No Line at least had that. 

I hope that, for everyone's sake, they've listened to their sanity and haven't done 12 hits kind of songs. as long as they had a common inspiration and idea behind it I'll be fine with it. But I don't want this to be their last effort, especially if it is solely an attempt to please listeners

I agree with you. But lets hear it first before we give judgement. No Line was made not to please listeners and there are some doubts about it now to some band members.

The original idea of EP's that Adam was on about sounded interesting. 

• Subscriber

Hmmmm...I think it will be an album with big songs with big chorus's. Songs that are written like hits with some neat production.

What I find when listening to How To Dismantle, is the production is all over the shop. I think that album, they wore out producers and it just sounds like a bunch of songs thrown together with different mixes, and not knowing how it really wanted to sound.

No Line features the murky, gloomy, atmospheric ambiance of Eno and this is why I don't think many people latched on to it. But I love it as it reminds me of The Unforgettable Fire sort of sound, but the album is very mid tempo, then Get On Your Boots comes on. But again, a lot of peeps hate that song and kind of killed the album I think for them.

So it will be a newer sound for U2 on this album, and Danger Mouse is a drummer and maybe has taught Larry some new tricks.

The biggest problem with Bomb or ATYCLB is that they're a superb collection of songs but they have no sound or "feeling" in common. No Line at least had that. 

I hope that, for everyone's sake, they've listened to their sanity and haven't done 12 hits kind of songs. as long as they had a common inspiration and idea behind it I'll be fine with it. But I don't want this to be their last effort, especially if it is solely an attempt to please listeners

I agree with you. But lets hear it first before we give judgement. No Line was made not to please listeners and there are some doubts about it now to some band members.

The original idea of EP's that Adam was on about sounded interesting. 

Pffffft!!!  It's too late for an EP now!  They've waited too long.  Might as well wait for the whole thing   :blink:

Besides, I knew it when they said they would release an EP was basically a bunch of bunk.  They are such perfectionists that sometimes I think it's like a whole disservice to them.  Basically, don't talk the talk if you don't walk the walk.  When you move at the speed of snail, might as well wait for the whole damn album.  They still haven't gotten the point that we don't care if the bloody thing is perfect.  If you don't like it, then make an EP remixes shortly after the fact.  The thing I'm wondering is if they will ever throw us a bone like releasing the first song from it in September on iTunes or Amazon...now that'll be the shit!  It's going to be interesting to see if they catch up to the speed of "MP3 download."  Oh but wait...P.M. might stick his belly out and stop them from doing what other bands have been doing for years.

Sorry that I'm ranting on a bit, but I just wish U2 and U2.com would join us in the 21st Century!   <_<

U2 should do a lot of things other bands do.

Like live concert downloads for the tour.

Stream the album for free a week before release (they might do it this time, No Line was not streamed, it was leaked. Some might say it effected sales. But Bomb leaked yet sold over 8 million copies) Yet people say streaming the album is a way to keep pirates away from it. But then Soundgardens last album was on torrent sites, ripped from the stream...

With no physical single release for the album, the first time in their career, it will be a single track download, singles that you download don't come with b-sides these days either.

It will certainly be interesting to see how U2 release this next album for sure.

• Subscriber

The thing I'm wondering is if they will ever throw us a bone like releasing the first song from it in September on iTunes or Amazon...now that'll be the shit!  It's going to be interesting to see if they catch up to the speed of "MP3 download."  Oh but wait...P.M. might stick his belly out and stop them from doing what other bands have been doing for years.

Sorry that I'm ranting on a bit, but I just wish U2 and U2.com would join us in the 21st Century!   <_<

I'm pretty sure GOYB came out on itunes over a month before the album hit stores. That and they did talk about that "app" deal in an interview or two in terms of packaging it with a new release, so it does sound like they're constantly looking at their options in the technological field. 

• Subscriber

I could be very wrong but I think it will be release earlier than December for some reason  ^_^

Right on that! Can you feel it?? They had a listening party. Someone start a poll. This week, next week. July, August. Maybe sooner than we think. :unsure:

• 2 weeks later...

Archived