Is it just me...

pehoward012770

or does the new U2360 tour graphic icon look like a U and a 2 bisected by a giant mustache?

Also, does the song "No Line On The Horizon" borrow a couple elements from other songs, specifically the riff from "The Fly" and a nod/winkto "Goodbye Horses" by Q Lazarus? Every time I hear it I'm reminded of that Jame Gumb/Buffalo Bill disappearing wiener dance from "SilenceOf The Lambs" and it kinda creeps the bejesus outta me:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jh4gfzTpF0

At last some company in this lonely forum!

At first I thought spider, then bat...and now moustache!!

I agree it sounds like the fly, just without the clever wordplay or actual tune.

Btw, i'm too chicken to watch the clip - the disappearing wiener sounds unpleasant!

• 4 weeks later...

I thought the same it's not just you, I like the tipography of the new album and how it's managed, but the tour logo I'm not diggin' at all.

It does look like a cellphone comercial or some new Mercedes model, although I see how it's justified they mixed all this elements in the wrong way. As Ialways say "Hay mucha tela de donde cortar".

Bottom line, the work doesn't look finished.

I'm not blaming only the designers tho...I know that the client can also be guilty for results like this.

Thanks for bringing this one back to life PiChU. I loved this thread. Freaking hilarious. Pehoward012770 is a comical genius. "I'd f*!k me". LOL

MORE FUNNY U2 ICON COMPARISONS.

I have a popmart poster of them all sitting under one of those old school hair drying machines old ladys sit under. I'll try and post it. Larry looks likehe's ready to give the rest of the band a whoooping. Adam looks right at home. Easily the funniest U2 poster i've ever seen.

I think the new logo has the trappings of a piece symbol but the shininess of a Merc symbol. It's a bit of both.

Bring back the MUSTACHE PETITON LINK BELOW

Also please sign our petition for the inclusion of a mustache cam.

Just kidding,maybe..........

pehoward012770 wrote:

Seems someone has redesigned the tour logo and it is decidedly less mustachey. Modified Peace symbol or Mercedes hood ornament, you be the judge.

decidedly less mustachey

That is comic genius^!