14,447,337 +1 People Like U2.

joshthetree

• Subscriber

If it were not for the Zootops facebook group, I would not have found out all that juicy New York album news or that they recorded Sunday Bloody Sunday...

It just seems to move faster than this place too, even though I keep popping my head in now and again. I will still use Zootopia for what use I need and that, but U2 news gets fed real quick and fast on facebook, so to be fair, it does have it's uses.

I'd rather facebook than here now,sorry but that's how it is.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

If it were not for the Zootops facebook group, I would not have found out all that juicy New York album news or that they recorded Sunday Bloody Sunday...

It just seems to move faster than this place too, even though I keep popping my head in now and again. I will still use Zootopia for what use I need and that, but U2 news gets fed real quick and fast on facebook, so to be fair, it does have it's uses.

I'd rather facebook than here now,sorry but that's how it is.

Same here!  Facebook is way better...and faster too...and I can say what I want, post what I want, and never get warnings or get banned.

• Subscriber

Is there a link to that group??

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Me, I can live without Facebook :wub:

(14,447,337 ? some of them are neo nazis no ? there was a Nazi Swastika cross on U2.com last week and i think its a shame :o )

Seriously? Where was this?

• Subscriber

I own a facebook (visit my profile for the link if you want to add me).

But I don't use it much, and I don't post much on it, except for U2 videos and my other fav. bands

• 4 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Ok, so, I have a FaceBook (FB) account, & I have 'liked' U2 there, but I don't use FB much. I completely understand people who don't use FB or hardly ever use it.

1) Especially after all their breaches regarding people's confidentiality, etc.

2) I have personally found so many glitches w/FB that I stopped keeping track.

3) Plus, just when you get used to how things work there, they change something w/out asking people's permission.

4) Can't stand how FB is always pestering users about whether they know this person or that person. 'You might know this person because this person knows someone who is acquainted w/someone who knows someone u know! Are u sure u don't know this person? What about that person? Don't u want to know this stranger? How about that stranger?' I Can Run My Own Social Life, thank u. The last thing I need is a software package involved with it.

And knowing that FB is showing me all the people connected w/everyone who knows someone I know tells me this: FB is showing all the people I'm connected with to other people without my permission.

5) NO ONE has 500 so-called "friends." FB takes a beautiful thing & commercializes it, stripping it of all of its actual meaning.

6) Billion-dollar corporation, right? Multi-billion dollar corporation? And FB can't offer better EMOTICONS?

7) There would probably be more reasons if I had time or inclination to think of them.

FB has its uses. Especially if you're an artist or an organization. And for individuals, it can help to keep people who are separated by miles closer together & informed about each others' lives. Good & fine. I'm just saying there are reasons people who don't use it or who use it very little don't use it more.

Edited by Alma1

• 3 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Ok, so, I have a FaceBook (FB) account, & I have 'liked' U2 there, but I don't use FB much. I completely understand people who don't use FB or hardly ever use it.

1) Especially after all their breaches regarding people's confidentiality, etc.

2) I have personally found so many glitches w/FB that I stopped keeping track.

3) Plus, just when you get used to how things work there, they change something w/out asking people's permission.

4) Can't stand how FB is always pestering users about whether they know this person or that person. 'You might know this person because this person knows someone who is acquainted w/someone who knows someone u know! Are u sure u don't know this person? What about that person? Don't u want to know this stranger? How about that stranger?' I Can Run My Own Social Life, thank u. The last thing I need is a software package involved with it.

And knowing that FB is showing me all the people connected w/everyone who knows someone I know tells me this: FB is showing all the people I'm connected with to other people without my permission.

5) NO ONE has 500 so-called "friends." FB takes a beautiful thing & commercializes it, stripping it of all of its actual meaning.

6) Billion-dollar corporation, right? Multi-billion dollar corporation? And FB can't offer better EMOTICONS?

7) There would probably be more reasons if I had time or inclination to think of them.

FB has its uses. Especially if you're an artist or an organization. And for individuals, it can help to keep people who are separated by miles closer together & informed about each others' lives. Good & fine. I'm just saying there are reasons people who don't use it or who use it very little don't use it more.

There is so much wrong with this, I don't know where to start.