Mom Died Today

Sigma957

• Subscriber

I am so very sorry to hear about the passing of your beloved mother. I lost my own lovely mother unexpectedly this Oct. and I don't think it is something I will ever really get over. My heart aches and I cry daily for her loss. I still reach for the phone and then I remember and I feel the loss all over again as if for the first time. I have great faith in Jesus and find great comfort knowing that mom is with God and in a better place, but I still hurt deeply. I feel for you and I wish that I could make it all better for you. I think it takes a very long time.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sigma, I'm very sorry about your mom, you have my deepest sympathies.  It does shake your faith to the core sometimes and perfectly normal to question, I know I have.  I lost my mom this past November.  She was 91 and her last 5 years weren't kind to her.  She had dementia and at the end it really was a blessing.  The funeral director said to me, sometimes death can be a friend.  In my mom's case that's true.  The harder part is that 36 days later, in the first week in January this year, I lost my brother out of the blue.  An 86 year old man crossed into my brothers lane and hit him head on.  I swore there was no God.  It was just too much and I still don't believe it happened and he's gone, in the blink of an eye. I have cried every day since and I know its going to be a long time before one day goes by that I don't.  I stopped listening to music, which has always been my solace.  I didn't think I'd ever laugh again, and felt guilty when I finally did feel good about something.  It's changed me forever, but that's what love is.  When we lose someone we love deeply, it changes us and we eventually accept that change.  The lost loved one lives on in each of us.  They helped make us who we are, that will always be there. We live on to keep them living on in our hearts, minds, memories and our stories of them.

Wahine, I'm so sorry to hear about your son.  He's in my thoughts and prayers.  All the money that is poured into cancer research and we still use treatment that's been used for decades.  You'd think by now and all the money thrown at cancer they'd have come up with better treatments or something.  God I hate Cancer!

• Subscriber

Sorry to hear about your loss.My father died October 5th last year.Pretty much had to sort everything out myself.I know the stress you are under.Know this.You WILL be ok.You WILL smile again.You will have your dark moments.Things will get better.I promise you.X

• 2 weeks later...