Sign in to follow this  
Malahide

Earth 2030 As Song Title?

Posted on the forum of atU2.com today.

"I am new to the forum but I originate from Ireland and still have family there. My cousin works in media (he's a camerman) and has in the past worked with Gay Byrne - so to cut to the chase. Following the recently RTE interview with Bono there was a small get-together after filming. Apparently Bono mentioned that he was excited about the drop the debt campaign and the landmark date of 2030 by which time they hope to have cleared poverty in the third world (its also in the RTE interview around the 30 minute mark). An attendee apparently suggested to Bono that he should perhaps write a song about this, to which he is supposed to have replied "Perhaps I already have".

This information came via a camerman friend of my cousin so I have no idea if this actually happened - I am taking this information at face value, but I trust my cousin and he tells me his friend is legit.

Based on this I think the song title Earth 2030 could be legit but I am not so sure about any of the other titles."

Source:Twitter

Edited by Malahide

I think that any news about u2 and the album is great but everyone is waiting on this new album for ages now......so as the new album is close to getting released this year people now that we are waiting and trying to get the gossip going...saying the new album is called manhattan......also there is a song everyone is calling 2030....and everyone knows that chris martin was with u2...i think that u2 should start by telling there fans whats what now and when the new album is getting released or news regarding the new album but whatever happens i think u2 are going to come back with a bang

Yes, that's what has been discussed here the last week. The question was whether it was a fake list or not.

Well either the same person with the setlist made up the rumour or some things are starting to add up...

Personally, I think it's filled with half truths - maybe they're working titles to the songs. I'm hoping not all of it is a hoax