Openers?

Koke-dera

• Subscriber

Depends where they play....

If its an arena I think they should go for more up and coming bands as the support slots are smaller and the show is more intimate.

In stadiums the gates usually open hours prior to U2 taking to stage so its good to have something to look forward to while waiting plus their likely to get more established acts to play bigger shows as it promotes them to a bigger audience.

As a fan in the UK If they play stadiums in the UK again I would go for...Manic Street Preachers (they've played much lesser supporting roles throughout the years). :D

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

They shouldn't book bands like Muse and Arcade Fire who are already established and big. They should focus on up-and-coming, smaller artists showing sparks of potential. 

I'm talking The Joy Formidable, Tame Impala, Foals, Frank Turner, The Maccabees, The Horrors, Editors, 2:54, Biffy Clyro (outside the UK, that is), White Lies, The Hives, Yuck, Django Django, Friends, Ghostpoet, Haim, Pulled Apart By Horses, Pure Love. 

For those smaller bands who haven't quite hit the big time yet, a support slot with the biggest band in the world would do them a world of good. I'd rather have those bands than big, established names.

I see what your saying.....although as far as the perfect fantasy concert would go for me,  I'm with Love123 cause it would be fantastic to see The Killers or Muse with U2 again.  But the timing would be off for them.  I understand that Muse is about to wind down their current tour about the end of the year.  And the Killers have been on tour for a while now.   Biffy Clyro would be awesome as an opener for the USA since I think they have a great sound and should get more attention here in the States.  Imagine Dragons is a good idea.....but I still think Arcade Fire would be a fun opener anyway.

Edited by Sunflower1mdp

They shouldn't book bands like Muse and Arcade Fire who are already established and big. They should focus on up-and-coming, smaller artists showing sparks of potential. 

I'm talking The Joy Formidable, Tame Impala, Foals, Frank Turner, The Maccabees, The Horrors, Editors, 2:54, Biffy Clyro (outside the UK, that is), White Lies, The Hives, Yuck, Django Django, Friends, Ghostpoet, Haim, Pulled Apart By Horses, Pure Love. 

For those smaller bands who haven't quite hit the big time yet, a support slot with the biggest band in the world would do them a world of good. I'd rather have those bands than big, established names.

i think the ones you've mentioned hear are more plausible and advantageous than Muse , Arcade Fire and the Killers .

I see what your saying.....although as far as the perfect fantasy concert would go for me,  I'm with Love123 cause it would be fantastic to see The Killers or Muse with U2 again.  But the timing would be off for them.  I understand that Muse is about to wind down their current tour about the end of the year.  And the Killers have been on tour for a while now.   Biffy Clyro would be awesome as an opener for the USA since I think they have a great sound and should get more attention here in the States.  Imagine Dragons is a good idea.....but I still think Arcade Fire would be a fun opener anyway.

if the killers or muse opened AND our boys played A Sort of Homecoming I could then die EXTREMELY HAPPY :)

if the killers or muse opened AND our boys played A Sort of Homecoming I could then die EXTREMELY HAPPY :)

i think imagine dragons is a VERY GOOD GUESS!!!  biffy clyro , almost as good of a guess .   Arcade Fire would be INSANE , but don't see it happening

• Subscriber

I see what your saying.....although as far as the perfect fantasy concert would go for me, I'm with Love123 cause it would be fantastic to see The Killers or Muse with U2 again. But the timing would be off for them. I understand that Muse is about to wind down their current tour about the end of the year. And the Killers have been on tour for a while now. Biffy Clyro would be awesome as an opener for the USA since I think they have a great sound and should get more attention here in the States. Imagine Dragons is a good idea.....but I still think Arcade Fire would be a fun opener anyway.

Me too, Jim!!!