For All Febottini Does.

• Subscriber

It was on my heart 2 or 3 days ago to dedicate something to Fernanda Bottini for all she does in bringing things about U2 here to U2.com, so...here's a token of appreciation. The name of this song is 'Fernando' - but there's nothing stopping us from imagining it says "Fernanda" if we want to, right? (Or not imagining that if u don't want to...) I always really liked this song, & I can only hope febottini likes it or at least doesn't hate it! (In any case, I'm sure she'll appreciate the spirit in which it's intended.)

A song about the Mexican Revolution - by a Swedish group, Abba - dedicated by an American - to a Brazilian woman - Fernanda Bottini. Gotta love how the world is so interconnected these days!

I suddenly also want to dedicate it to those at any time in history - anywhere - who found themselves having to fight for human rights on some frontline, including those who paid the ultimate price for doing so. I somehow think that should also include those who were able to wage their battle nonviolently. (Of course many were still willing to make the ultimate sacrifice in doing so. Jesus, Martin Luther King Jr, etc.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRMrBxPpleU

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

Very beautifully written, Alma! :)

Yes, it´s nice that Febottini posts so much information about U2´s activities here.This Abba song is great and the video shows some impressive images. All those who fight for human rights truly deserve our appreciation.

• Subscriber

OMG Alma!

Thank you so much!!

I´m suprised here...  :D

I don´t know if you already know, but 'Fernando' is the masculine. So 'Fernando' is for a man and 'Fernanda' for a woman. Actually I think it comes from German. And I´m also Italian and French descendant (my middle name is D´Elboux). So I´m a mix and I love that! haha

Thanks for the song. Abba is great! Now I´ve remembered of Zoo TV. Did you remember? It´s not the same song, but it´s amazing too.

Well, the only thing I can do is to thank you. All I do here in the Zoo it´s because I love U2. "In the name of love, what more in the name of love??" And I´m journalist and public relations so I love to bring news to the fans.

Thanks for your post. Thanks for the song and I really loved your words about people who fight for human rights... That´s U2 spirit, it´s not only rock and roll, isn´t it? Let´s try to change the world or at least make it better.

Thank you so much again!! I´m touched!!

• Subscriber

Very beautifully written, Alma! :)

Yes, it´s nice that Febottini posts so much information about U2´s activities here.This Abba song is great and the video shows some impressive images. All those who fight for human rights truly deserve our appreciation.

Thanks Pam! Fernanda Bottini is so dedicated to what she does & I wanted her to know it's truly appreciated.

"...the video shows some impressive images." Aren't those photographs great? I'm so glad that someone put together a video that's pretty perfect for this song. :)

• Subscriber

So 'Fernanda D'Elboux Bottini'? Hey, that's just not fair. That's too awesome for a name!

'So I´m a mix and I love that!" Same here. Half Hispanic & the rest 'this, that, & the other thing.' (Including French. And German. And Irish. And Scottish. And 1 more thing that I know of. In other words - American. Lol.)

No - I had Not remembered that U2 sang 'Dancing Queen' at a concert! (Not sure if I used to know but forgot.) I used to love that song. When Bono says "Definitely 1 of the most surreal nights of my life" - Lol. So great of U2 to do this, too.

"I really loved your words about people who fight for human rights... That´s U2 spirit, it´s not only rock and roll..." Yup. U2 takes great rock 'n roll &, in the process, they just make it so much more. They take it higher. They elevate it! :)

• Subscriber

Yeah, that´s my name and there is nothing I can do about it... lol

I know, it´s not Brazilian at all.

Bono about Abba:

"I think ABBA have a pure joy to their music and that's what makes them extraordinary."

• Subscriber

I've never seen this video footage before. "Fernando" is a great song, it fills me with pride 'cause it reveals the warrior soul of our ancestors.

We all need to fight for the human rights, We must fight for the homeless, those who for some reason can not rise for themselves and fight. Fight with our own guns, our minds, our arms, our voice, our talent. Put a grain of sand and when You see it again, there will be a big desert, full of grains of everyone who want to help.

Congratulations Fernanda, You must be a great person to receive a present like this. Take PRIDE.