As High As I Have Ever Been With U2

zoocat

• Subscriber

It was a night in November 2006 at Mt Smart Stadium, the lights were going up and the first chimes of City of Blinding Lights was starting to fill the night sky.

My arms went up in the air and I was momentarilly transported outside my body.

Then Edges guitar kicked in and I started bouncing up and down like a madman.

Also Walk on about halfway through the show was unfirgettable.

To this day I have never seen a better concert by anyone.

It was a very special night.

Edited by zoocat

• Subscriber

yey higher than the sky, the best elevation, this time next year we may be doing it again!! :)

and you've just reminded me of my elevating experience 4 years ago this week! :D

Edited by Anjana

It was a night in November 2006 at Mt Smart Stadium, the lights were going up and the first chimes of City of Blinding Lights was starting to fill the night sky.

HA! HA! HA!!! The highest I ever got with U2 was the War Tour in Orlando Florida. EVERYONE I KNEW WAS THERE, the entire beachside drove to Orlando, let's just say it was the 80's and I was tripping my brains out. Until a dear friend of mine who was a little higher than me decided it would be fun to hang over the balconies. NOT..As high as I was that was not gonna happen, the Alarm came up next to us along the back and we had it bigtime, had to explain the difference between "o"ville (Orlando) and the beaches. So they got stuck with a bunch of surfers and the entire Blue Mann Bikini Team. It was a huge swimsuit company, all our models were there, me included. FANTASTIC NIGHT, other than that was way too high AGAIN except later in the 80's on the Miami scene of drugs lol, was with my best friend, lets go to the bathrooms noone will know, UHH NOT AGAIN, saw a bunch of our friends that show was the Unforgettable Fire tour I think it was in Lakeland, anyhow there is that damn balcony again, different venue, when all of a sudden Bono and this stupid light he use to use he would grab the lighting from the stage YEAH WELL NOTHING LIKE BEING HIGH AND GOING OMG I SHOULDNT HAVE DONE THAT OR BE HERE AND WHAM I AM AT THE RAILING WITH HER AND HE PUTS THE LIGHT RIGHT ON US, I WAS SCREAMING OMG WE ARE SO BUSTED, I PRACTICALLY JUST GAVE UP RIGHT THERE, THOUGHT FOR SURE IT WAS ALL OVER, he kept that light on us FOR WAY TOO LONG, LIKE THE ENTIRE FREAKING SONG...I think it was BAD...my friend Simone, who was the US champion for surfing says we are either going down hard or just smile and wave, reply from me I AM TOO HIGH TO SMILE WE ARE GOING DOWN.....LMAO...It was actually lots of fun but I have only been to one U2 show straight,and I have been to a lot of U2 shows. The straight one, everyone else was messed up

I was a wild child...lol. by the time I was at the one show in Miami (whatever the name of that tour was I forget the one with the suitcase and the heart stage) you couldnt find a drop of anything in me, I had my daughter with me, GREAT SHOW but everyone was wasted all around and I got lost in the music. Oh wait I was straight at another show in Tampa, took both my children and just me, they were little THE POP TOUR which scared the crap outta my son, he cried the ENTIRE SHOW AND WE HAD TO LEAVE EARLY, I could not get him to stop crying, he was convinced that U2 was evil or aliens cuz of how they were dressed and the opening, they loved Third Eye Blind I didnt even know who they were my kids did, they were having it bigtime..then U2 came out and the tears started to fall and my daughter spent the whole time telling him it was OK its just a show, he was convinced they were going to abduct him, hurt him, on and on and on...so we left and drove back three hours to the oother side of the state back to the Space Coast. (his little imagination had him shaking like a leaf). So there, it was two shows I was NORMAL for. I saw a rat in Miami crawl across a man sleeping on the sidewalk after the U2 show in Miami at the American Airlines arena..good thing I wasnt high, I probably would have screamed DINOSAUR! lol...I am so glad those days are in my past...I have no clue how I even survived half the stuff I did. Worst part, I can remember the party concerts like yesterday but the straight ones are like when was that??? No, I did not use heroine or anything like that, that word scares me, it was just the 80's and we were either tripping or partying Miami style all the time, that is what folks did at concerts. THESE DAYS NOT SO COOL ESPECIALLY IF ITS MY KIDS I WILL KICK SOME ASS

• Subscriber

A long time ago, in a galaxy far far away......

Well, me and my mate got Really Thoroughly stoned after a night out at our local, and then it turned out to be Christmas or New Years eve or some such (...it might have been Easter or Lent, or just the middle of the year?????), anyway we roll home, turn on the T.V. and the Zoo T.V. Outside Broadcast starts up.

That is the HIGHEST I've ever been with or without this band, and I loved every second, even though I can only remember the broad strokes of that evening.

It must have been New Years eve? It was definitely in Australia...

*edit to add....What I remember most about that night is 'You can't call the old Doc twice'. courtesy of William. S.

(it may not have even been part of the telecast, but ti sure summed up that night.)

Edited by razspazz

• Subscriber

HA! HA! HA!!! The highest I ever got with U2 was the War Tour in Orlando Florida. EVERYONE I KNEW WAS THERE, the entire beachside drove to Orlando, let's just say it was the 80's and I was tripping my brains out. Until a dear friend of mine who was a little higher than me decided it would be fun to hang over the balconies. NOT..As high as I was that was not gonna happen, the Alarm came up next to us along the back and we had it bigtime, had to explain the difference between "o"ville (Orlando) and the beaches. So they got stuck with a bunch of surfers and the entire Blue Mann Bikini Team. It was a huge swimsuit company, all our models were there, me included. FANTASTIC NIGHT, other than that was way too high AGAIN except later in the 80's on the Miami scene of drugs lol, was with my best friend, lets go to the bathrooms noone will know, UHH NOT AGAIN, saw a bunch of our friends that show was the Unforgettable Fire tour I think it was in Lakeland, anyhow there is that damn balcony again, different venue, when all of a sudden Bono and this stupid light he use to use he would grab the lighting from the stage YEAH WELL NOTHING LIKE BEING HIGH AND GOING OMG I SHOULDNT HAVE DONE THAT OR BE HERE AND WHAM I AM AT THE RAILING WITH HER AND HE PUTS THE LIGHT RIGHT ON US, I WAS SCREAMING OMG WE ARE SO BUSTED, I PRACTICALLY JUST GAVE UP RIGHT THERE, THOUGHT FOR SURE IT WAS ALL OVER, he kept that light on us FOR WAY TOO LONG, LIKE THE ENTIRE FREAKING SONG...I think it was BAD...my friend Simone, who was the US champion for surfing says we are either going down hard or just smile and wave, reply from me I AM TOO HIGH TO SMILE WE ARE GOING DOWN.....LMAO...It was actually lots of fun but I have only been to one U2 show straight,and I have been to a lot of U2 shows. The straight one, everyone else was messed up

I was stoned out of my head at the lovetown concert at Western Springs in 1989.

Then my Dad died two weeks after the concert.