Event Live Thread 17/10/13

tan_lejos_tan_cerca

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

Wow Monica. I haven't even finished listening to this yet - I'm only about :50 seconds into it & don't even know what song I'm about to hear. I had to stop & post this comment 1st: Bono says that this is the last song that Joe Strummer of The Clash wrote (whatever song they're about to perform). Sad about Joe Strummer being gone. :( My goodness, the memories. But glad u posted this! :)

Didn't read the whole thread to see if anyone answered this, but the song in that clip is 46664.

• Subscriber

Merge it with the U2-Roller Coaster thread !'Cause it;s about the same subject !

YES. Exactly what I was thinking. Probably too late to do a merge if it isn't done already, though, right? I mean so close to 6pm Eastern here & 6:30 coming up shortly after. Merging at this time could cause a problem, right? I wish I'd suggested it last night when I first thought of it.

• Subscriber

to compliment whatever it is gonna be, we have something lined up for subscribers only, which we will announce here approx 30 - 60 mins ahead of the main event.

Excuse please? So I just discovered this note 30 mins ahead of the main event. Pretty good timing but no time to make sure all my friends know via PM. Glad to see this though. :)

• Subscriber

Wow Monica. I haven't even finished listening to this yet - I'm only about :50 seconds into it & don't even know what song I'm about to hear. I had to stop & post this comment 1st: Bono says that this is the last song that Joe Strummer of The Clash wrote (whatever song they're about to perform). Sad about Joe Strummer being gone. :( My goodness, the memories. But glad u posted this! :)

Didn't read the whole thread to see if anyone answered this, but the song in that clip is 46664.

Yup Scoobz. After posting that comment, I finished listening to it & heard that in the song. I still didn't know it was the last song Joe Strummer wrote. What nostalgia.