Event Live Thread 17/10/13

tan_lejos_tan_cerca

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

Just finished seeing The Dortmund performance of Love Is Blindness. Nice. I really liked that. I like how Bono ends the concert, too: "Thanks a lot. See you soon. Bye bye." So sincere. I really liked the scale of the stage in that performance! Love the Claw, but the smaller scale can be so nice, too.

I also liked that the woman in this one wasn't running her hands all through the hair of Ali's man. If I were married & we were talking about my man & some woman: A hug? Yes. Dance on stage with? Yes. Run yer hands through his hair? Nuh uh. No. Sacred territory! And either person kissing the other on the cheek like Bono kissed her on the cheek? Nope. Kiss her hand? Ok. Hug? Yes. Kiss no - not even on cheek. ANYways.

• Subscriber

Hey Alma, I forgot to tell you that tomorrow night I'm watching a Soap-Opera on TV and one of the Female-Characters is named Alma !

So...I hope she's not a beyotch! :D

She's the Good-Honest-Girl...just afraid of Love (long story) ...

• Subscriber

"Love is Blindness has been played at All the shows of the Zoo Tv Tour (1992-1993)" That would explain it. There was a time period when I wasn't much 'plugged into' my favorite band / favorite music - & '92/'93 was part of it. No offense whatsoever to anything U2 was doing at that time. Was just my own life going on.

I had some idea L.I.Blindness wouldn't go over too well in concert or that it wouldn't be a concert song. Wrong. That kind of song is like an ElvisPresley-worthy song for concert & more. And I know U2 like to craft the outlines of their setlist in such a way that they have rocking songs & softer songs included & in the right placement in terms of setlist location, etc. So, that was beautiful.

• Subscriber

Hey Alma, I forgot to tell you that tomorrow night I'm watching a Soap-Opera on TV and one of the Female-Characters is named Alma !

So...I hope she's not a beyotch! :D

She's the Good-Honest-Girl...just afraid of Love (long story) ...

Lol. Good. So glad. I mean about the Good Honest Girl part. :D

• Subscriber

Good night! I have incoming PM to check & hafta get back to what I'm working on. Nice talking with ya Pain! THANKS for the videos. Sleep well on your side of the planet! I'll probably check back at this thread tomorrow. :)

• Subscriber

Achtung Baby was so good that it should have been played in its entire but, however, they said they could not play So Cruel and Acrobat because of the emotional load and Instrumental difficulty ...

Very interesting. And u have me wanting to hear Acrobat again soon, so I'm going to listen to it later. Good night. :)