Event Live Thread 17/10/13

tan_lejos_tan_cerca

• Subscriber

tracy c said: "For feck sake...anyone who doesn't know who Jack White is has had their head so far up U2's arse that they don't know other "relevant" artists.  Jack Black and Jack White are not the same."

Well isn't it nice then that no one SAID they are?

Uh..& excuse me...but do I even KNOW u? U know me? I didn't think so. On the other hand, I do know who Jack White is - as in the artist w/the debut album 'Blunderbuss' (which I didn't think was the most revolutionary thing on the planet, imho). But do I see him in that still-shot from the movie trailer I posted? No. I took the person who commented to be referring to that visual - in other words an actor - not the musician. I don't happen to know of an actor named Jack White. And it matters that much to u? I'm flattered.

To be fair, you have to be living on another planet to not know who Jack White or Jack Black is.

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

tracy c said: "For feck sake...anyone who doesn't know who Jack White is has had their head so far up U2's arse that they don't know other "relevant" artists. Jack Black and Jack White are not the same."

Uh..& excuse me...but do I even KNOW u? U know me? I didn't think so. On the other hand, I do know who Jack White is - as in the artist w/the debut album 'Blunderbuss' (which I didn't think was the most revolutionary thing on the planet, imho). But do I see him in that still-shot from the movie trailer I posted? No. I took the person who commented to be referring to that visual - in other words an actor - not the musician. I don't happen to know of an actor named Jack White. And it matters that much to u? I'm flattered.

Oi don't go attacking my friend Tracy just because you can't tell the difference between Jack's Black and White you just don't get it do you Alma you are on here sucking up so many peoples bums then go on the attack when you are corrected about something I mean do you know the difference between Snow White and Frank Black??? So I kindly suggest you lay off my friend thanks muchly..... oh and never listened to Achtung Baby....brilliant.

For feck sake...anyone who doesn't know who Jack White is has had their head so far up U2's arse that they don't know other "relevant" artists. Jack Black and Jack White are not the same. GAWD.. If you don't know who he is, don't even bother. Just go back and wait for the next big announcement from this place. FFS.

Is he the bloke who likes his 'sister'?

Aye the sister pumper (can't say Shagger ;-) )

• Subscriber

tracy c said: "For feck sake...anyone who doesn't know who Jack White is has had their head so far up U2's arse that they don't know other "relevant" artists.  Jack Black and Jack White are not the same."

Uh..& excuse me...but do I even KNOW u? U know me? I didn't think so. On the other hand, I do know who Jack White is - as in the artist w/the debut album 'Blunderbuss' (which I didn't think was the most revolutionary thing on the planet, imho).

Blunderbuss is an excellent album and if U2 went off in that direction instead of the overblown shite they've put out the last 10 years then i'd be a happier bunny but nevermind horses for courses and all that jazz as they say

• Subscriber

Good Night, Alma, get into Achtung Baby, listen to it..you won't regret it !!!

Anyone who has not listened to AB can't call themselves a fan.

But no one said anyone hadn't heard AB. There's just this whole 'new appreciation' thing going on of some of us re-listening to certain past albums or past songs. (Started in a different thread.) Nothing wrong w/that. Some people can't understand why their friends don't like certain songs or albums as much as they do, so they'd just like their friends to have another listen, that's all.

• Subscriber

How a U2 fan doesn't know achtung baby is beyond me to be honest but nevermind?

Gibbo, how anyone could get the idea that anyone here "doesn't know achtung baby" is beyond me to be honest but nevermind?

(Your yellow pants yesterday go a long way towards helping me look past this, but still... -_-)

• Subscriber

I've played that trailer a few times now and two things....

(1) Can't wait to see that movie looks really well made :)

(2) The new U2 track snippet sounds great :D love it

You & others of us, Josh. :)

• Subscriber

And b4 anyone tries to misrepresent any comment of mine as though I didn't like Achtung Baby, I liked it just fine. If I didn't, I would say so. Will I have a re-listen to certain songs that just weren't one of my favorites b4, though? Yes. Of course I will.