Event Live Thread 17/10/13

tan_lejos_tan_cerca

• Subscriber

Achtung Baby was so good that it should have been played in its entire but, however, they said they could not play So Cruel and Acrobat because of the emotional load and Instrumental difficulty ...

Very interesting. And u have me wanting to hear Acrobat again soon, so I'm going to listen to it later. Good night. :)

Hey Chris, so I re-listened to Acrobat. Was in a hurry though, so will listen again later.

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

Achtung Baby was so good that it should have been played in its entire but, however, they said they could not play So Cruel and Acrobat because of the emotional load and Instrumental difficulty ...

Very interesting. And u have me wanting to hear Acrobat again soon, so I'm going to listen to it later. Good night. :)

Hey Chris, so I re-listened to Acrobat. Was in a hurry though, so will listen again later.

Give yourself time for it !

• Subscriber

tracy c said: "For feck sake...anyone who doesn't know who Jack White is has had their head so far up U2's arse that they don't know other "relevant" artists. Jack Black and Jack White are not the same."

Well isn't it nice then that no one SAID they are?

Uh..& excuse me...but do I even KNOW u? U know me? I didn't think so. On the other hand, I do know who Jack White is - as in the artist w/the debut album 'Blunderbuss' (which I didn't think was the most revolutionary thing on the planet, imho).

Blunderbuss is an excellent album and if U2 went off in that direction instead of the overblown shite they've put out the last 10 years then i'd be a happier bunny but nevermind horses for courses and all that jazz as they say

• Subscriber

tracy c said: "For feck sake...anyone who doesn't know who Jack White is has had their head so far up U2's arse that they don't know other "relevant" artists. Jack Black and Jack White are not the same."

Well isn't it nice then that no one SAID they are?

Uh..& excuse me...but do I even KNOW u? U know me? I didn't think so. On the other hand, I do know who Jack White is - as in the artist w/the debut album 'Blunderbuss' (which I didn't think was the most revolutionary thing on the planet, imho).

Blunderbuss is an excellent album and if U2 went off in that direction instead of the overblown shite they've put out the last 10 years then i'd be a happier bunny but nevermind horses for courses and all that jazz as they say

• Subscriber

Alma, who cares if u know me? and that is not jack's first album, btw. He has had over 10 and won 9 Grammys. And no, if "revolutionary" means earth shattering is sharing a movie trailer as some big announcement, then Jack by no means is revolutionary.

• Subscriber

Gibbo says he thinks Blunderbuss was an excellent album. Some music from it that other people made a big deal of just weren't my cup of tea & I honestly thought it was hyped. Sometimes if you get a bad first impression of something, you don't give it a 2nd chance. But maybe I'll give it another chance & who knows - maybe discover stuff I like about it.

• Subscriber

Good Night, Alma, get into Achtung Baby, listen to it..you won't regret it !!!

Anyone who has not listened to AB can't call themselves a fan.

But no one said anyone hadn't heard AB. There's just this whole 'new appreciation' thing going on of some of us re-listening to certain past albums or past songs. (Started in a different thread.) Nothing wrong w/that. Some people can't understand why their friends don't like certain songs or albums as much as they do, so they'd just like their friends to have another listen, that's all.

But you don't know the album. Says to me you hardly listen to it. Which could mean you have not listened to it. You did not even know the song Love is Blindness?

No biggie, but they did play this song every night on Zoo TV. Surely fans would know this song and know it is the closing album track. 

• Subscriber

I did know Love Is Blindness. I always liked AB but some of us are re-listening to songs to see if we appreciate parts of them more than we did b4.

Even Basher went thru a time when he wasn't listening to U2 music, right? Well, it's not that I wasn't listening to U2 music at all during Zoo - I was. But because of stuff going on in my personal life back then, I just wasn't 'plugged into' the Zoo tour at the time. I knew the music, the albums & songs, but at that time, I just wasn't into caring about things like what they were including in their setlist. Later on, I cared.