Event Live Thread 17/10/13

tan_lejos_tan_cerca

• Subscriber

Chris (Pain_18) was telling me Love Is Blindness was included in their setlist and explaining why they left a couple of other songs out of their setlist because they were too emotionally difficult for them to play, and also instrumentally difficult.

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did know Love Is Blindness. I always liked AB but some of us are re-listening to songs to see if we appreciate parts of them more than we did b4.

Even Basher went thru a time when he wasn't listening to U2 music, right? Well, it's not that I wasn't listening to U2 music at all during Zoo - I was. But because of stuff going on in my personal life back then, I just wasn't 'plugged into' the Zoo tour at the time. I knew the music, the albums & songs, but at that time, I just wasn't into caring about things like what they were including in their setlist. Later on, I cared.

You may want to do some research on why I stopped listening to U2 I'm sure the reason will become clear.

• Subscriber

I did know Love Is Blindness. I always liked AB but some of us are re-listening to songs to see if we appreciate parts of them more than we did b4.

Even Basher went thru a time when he wasn't listening to U2 music, right? Well, it's not that I wasn't listening to U2 music at all during Zoo - I was. But because of stuff going on in my personal life back then, I just wasn't 'plugged into' the Zoo tour at the time. I knew the music, the albums & songs, but at that time, I just wasn't into caring about things like what they were including in their setlist. Later on, I cared.

You may want to do some research on why I stopped listening to U2 I'm sure the reason will become clear.

Someone shared that with me a long time ago, and I really appreciated it.

• Subscriber

You sure like most u2 fans who became fans in the 80's, gave up on them because the u2 from the 80's had gone away? Therefore refusing to get into Achtung because it was "too fucking weird man" but "i do love ONE"

Yeah i think that is more like it....

Edited by MacFoley

• Subscriber

You sure like most u2 fans who became fans in the 90's, gave up on them because the u2 from the 80's had gone away? Therefore refusing to get into Achtung because it was "too fucking weird man" but "i do love ONE"

Yeah i think that is more like it....

• Subscriber

In '83, U2 became my favorite band for life. But I had also been an excellent classical guitar player. Someone very close to me passed away suddenly & I took it really, really hard - personal stuff like that. It took the joy of music out of me for awhile. I put the guitar down, too. Sorry I did. Wasn't plugged into the details of U2 tours & such. Still listened to the music, though.

• Subscriber

Anyway, shall we get back to talking about Jack White and Jack Black being the same person who slept with his Sister? That was much funnier than a U2 fan not knowing Achtung Baby! Comedy gold!

Oops. I was typing my comment the same time u were typing this so I didn't see it b4 posting the kind of serious sad comment I just posted. But yeah - Black & White gold. Gotta log off - people depending on me to pick up our pizza. Take care.

• Subscriber

There was not really any details of U2 concerts in the early 90's because there was no internet. I doubt anyone here would have reeled off setlists back then without contact of someone being there. 

That's not accurate. There were plenty of people with relatively accurate lists of tour dates & setlists from the mid-80s on, email was around then, and by the early 90s U2 fandom online was booming (and cha-ing).