tan_lejos_tan_cerca

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

http://www.u2br.com/portal/node/10004034

actually if you click on the link to u2.com you'll have that particular URL

maybe they added at the very last moment this song to the soundtrack of the movie

Wow Monica. I haven't even finished listening to this yet - I'm only about :50 seconds into it & don't even know what song I'm about to hear. I had to stop & post this comment 1st: Bono says that this is the last song that Joe Strummer of The Clash wrote (whatever song they're about to perform). Sad about Joe Strummer being gone. :( My goodness, the memories. But glad u posted this! :)

• Subscriber

Alma, think positive! Whatever it will be it's always nice to have chat for zootops :D

chat it's not only expected... it's encouraged...

If only our chat could power nations - if the emotion, energy, passion, love, etc, & all of that contained in U2.com chats were converted to energy & directly transmitted to the world - we would have all of Africa electrified by now. Electricity to the world!

• Subscriber

lol no and no. i'm just a guy. who is febottini? Thank you for my first meaningless uparrow :)

Febottini is our resident Wonder Woman of all news U2. She gives of her time & efforts to find interesting articles & info about U2 from other websites on the internet & bring them to us at U2.com. She happens to live in Brazil. :)

• Subscriber

lol no and no. i'm just a guy. who is febottini? Thank you for my first meaningless uparrow :)

You're welcome. And for being nice enough to thank me for the 1st meaningless one, there's your 2nd one. :D

• Subscriber

http://www.u2br.com/portal/node/10004034

actually if you click on the link to u2.com you'll have that particular URL

maybe they added at the very last moment this song to the soundtrack of the movie

Wow Monica. I haven't even finished listening to this yet - I'm only about :50 seconds into it & don't even know what song I'm about to hear. I had to stop & post this comment 1st: Bono says that this is the last song that Joe Strummer of The Clash wrote (whatever song they're about to perform). Sad about Joe Strummer being gone. :( My goodness, the memories. But glad u posted this! :)

At 2:15 in listening to this & stopped to post this: If I heard this song in the past, I didn't remember it & wasn't sure if 'Long Walk To Freedom' was just the name of a film about Mandela. Obviously it's the name of the song here, which Bono says was the last 1 written by Joe Strummer. And LORD but does it ever sound like a Joe Strummer / Clash song. Not performed exactly like The Clash would've of course, but u can hear them in the sound of it - just ripping my heart out here. Nice to hear though. :)