That Was Crap That Surprise

gibbo1968

• Subscriber

Anyone who thinks otherwise is deluded.

it was on yahoo not long after plus it was bouncing round the net and social media all day about it.

I think U2 and more so the people who run this place that are above the mods need to re-assess what 'something special' actually means on a global scale to U2 'fans'

Call me a moaner if yer want but in this day and age a trailer and a snippet of a song with all the build up it got isn't really good enough??????

Especially with the subs fee that we pay year in year out.

Edited by gibbo1968

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

I have to agree with you Gibbo. I am getting so disappointed with U2. So many other great bands give more exclusive content to their fans than U2 do. 

They need to be more in touch with their website during the "off time" so they can maintain their fans in the years to come. 

• Subscriber

Was the trailer what you heard at 6:30 or a clip of the song by itself? I had to leave my house AT 6:30 so I didn't catch it. And just now I didn't have to sign in to watch the trailer. Not happy that it's just that, not that it's not nice to hear any new U2, but a real, good surprise would have been something from the new album, assuming this is a special soundtrack song and not something that will also be on their new album. 

• Subscriber

I have to agree Gibbo, I was really disappointed in this as I had read about it on various websites much earlier in the day.  In the future if they want to try and surprise people they should do it the night before the rest of the media gets hold of things.

The build up for this was not worth my energy, unless there is an album on the horizon I won't be back here, can't believe I even found my way here, first time in YEARS I have bothered to come in here, and will probably be the last.  U2 have let  Live Nation control everything and there is just no pizzazz or excitement left with this band.

So very sad........

• Subscriber

Was the trailer what you heard at 6:30 or a clip of the song by itself? I had to leave my house AT 6:30 so I didn't catch it. And just now I didn't have to sign in to watch the trailer. Not happy that it's just that, not that it's not nice to hear any new U2, but a real, good surprise would have been something from the new album, assuming this is a special soundtrack song and not something that will also be on their new album. 

Yep, just the trailer where it was hard to really hear the song over the talking. 

it took me 20 minutes to remember my log in info, and the trailer was the surprise!  that's a piss poor surprise if you ask me.  

this is my last year to subscribe to this site, it just isn't worth the expense.  very sad when I look but at the excitement and fun that was u2.com during the Vertigo tour.  that was the peak for me around here, and it's done nothing but go downhill ever since.

• Subscriber

I have to agree with you Gibbo. I am getting so disappointed with U2. So many other great bands give more exclusive content to their fans than U2 do. 

They need to be more in touch with their website during the "off time" so they can maintain their fans in the years to come. 

I was talking about that with a friend today. I wish they would at least post something, or send a message/email, whatever, to us about ANYTHING. Or start releasing some more live recordings. That would be nice. 

• Subscriber

http://blogs.wsj.com/speakeasy/2013/10/17/mandela-long-walk-to-freedom-trailer-features-new-u2-song-ordinary-love/

http://blogs.wsj.com/speakeasy/2013/10/17/mandela-long-walk-to-freedom-trailer-features-new-u2-song-ordinary-love/

Edited by gibbo1968

• Subscriber

The thrill of the day for me.......logging in here, reading the names of people I have met and stayed in touch with .......Gibbo, Catkim, Angel Eyes Vertibo3333  all names from when this was the place to be!

And me,if they keep the chat and actually get some band interaction then maybe we will come back into the fold more often.

MODS this isn't a slight on you from me this time round either,just the donuts higher up.