That Was Crap That Surprise

gibbo1968

• Subscriber

When Arcade Fire made a song for the Hunger Games soundtrack it was made available fully on soundcloud. AF didn't make such a fuzz about it, but the specialized media made one because it was such a good track and it was available for EVERYONE.

U2 wants to be relevant so they say? What they made today was laughable at best. What an embarrassment to be a U2 fan these days...

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really feel for the subscribers of this site, I really do! I stopped subbing years ago as I didn't feel I was getting value for my money. So I decided to subscribe to another one of my favourite bands official web site and within a matter of weeks had won a competition to be at the very front of the gig I was going to. But it didn't stop there.... there are always exclusive interviews with the band (including some family members lol), there are often things like put your questions forward to a band member, then the band member is exclusively shown reading the questions out and answering them. There are competitions for everything from a Cd/Dvd to tickets and flights to a show..... just so many things.... and that's all ON TOP of the renewal gift and pre sale codes.

When I saw U2 fans getting a little excited about this 'exclusive' I feared the worst but hoped in the back of my mind that U2 could for once prove me wrong..... sadly they didn't  :(

They really need to up their game if they want a successful web site with fans eager to part with their hard earned cash and continue to subscribe! 

• Subscriber

When Arcade Fire made a song for the Hunger Games soundtrack it was made available fully on soundcloud. AF didn't make such a fuzz about it, but the specialized media made one because it was such a good track and it was available for EVERYONE.

U2 wants to be relevant so they say? What they made today was laughable at best. What an embarrassment to be a U2 fan these days...

yep and oh to laugh at how U2 were supposedly tech savvy and 'embracing the internet' when we laughed at the edge blackberry clips all those years ago.oh hang on didn't blackberry 'sponsor' 360?????

But I divulge,let's just say U2 have been left behind social media wise never mind socio-humanitarian fiscal cliffs from days of bore sorry yore! :rolleyes:

• Subscriber

Gibbo, surprised the U2 Nazis have not deleted your post YET.  I posted this in our U2 Facebook Group...yep, an area that fans actually congregate in...and we don't have to be mislead that something special is about to be announced for us to actually go and chat with each other...my 2 cents worth below...

The only relevance for me regarding U2 at the moment are the friendships created which are relevant. I avoided the hype today from the U2 camp because I have lost interest. Bread crumbs aren't enough anymore. I can get full blown pizzas from other artists who are relevant because artists such as Jack White, Arcade Fire, etc., don't try to be and for this reason...they are "relevant".  U2 it is about The Music.  The band has lost sight of this it appears.  And your PR people should be fired.  

• Subscriber

Defo, its not enough

Surely the somg exists fully somewhere ... We cant we hear it in full? 'exclusively' Via a live link even!

I found the mango song to be far more exciting!

(oh, and the chat was ok ... But that's gone now!)

• Subscriber

The whole build-up for this "exclusive" is a shame!

it was all over the media yesterday evening - so maybe they had to join the game. But to offer the same thing - the trailer - which was available for everyone anyway .. is a bit lame.

that was not a Subscriber-Special in any way , sorry !

So the massive surprise was bloody awful but no doubt the "u2 can do no wrong" brigade will cream themselves instead of facing up to the truth that U2 are just not good enough nowadays sadly and if that is the best they can give people who give their "hard earned" cash to the website then they need to call it a day its a very very sad state of affairs

• Subscriber

I have been a subscriber, happy with the annual the gift and saving a spot for myself in future pre-sales. I was not disappointed because deep down I didn't think U2 had it in them to deliver something spectacular. However, this was even worse than imagined. I'd love to know what made anyone think this deserved any hype at all. Seriously.