That Was Crap That Surprise

gibbo1968

• Subscriber

Just my 2 cents...

Here's the mail I received, should have been the same for everyone...

Subscribers special - not to be missed

Dear monica,

Something a bit special is coming up on our U2.com subscription site tomorrow.

As you know, we like to show you some love - so tomorrow we're bringing you something a little out of the ordinary.

Can't say anymore but sign in Thursday at 6.30pm (US EDT).
Check the time in your location.

best wishes,
The U2.com Team.

U2 ONLINE Shop / Facebook / YouTube / Twitter

a bit special, a little out of the ordinary...

No exclusive mentioned, no unbelivable announcement, nothing of real big thing happening

So why are you complaining?

It was not even limited to paid subs only. Surely in this case someone would have complained for this reason (should have been for all the fans, not just the "wealthy" ones ecc.ecc.)

Ok the news was all over the net. So what? there was no trailer around the web anyway. So the trailer here was exclusive

I'm happy of what happened, no big expactations depending on what I read in the mail.

I might be the only one maybe...who cares?

Edited by monica martino

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

Anyone who thinks otherwise is deluded.

it was on yahoo not long after plus it was bouncing round the net and social media all day about it.

I think U2 and more so the people who run this place that are above the mods need to re-assess what 'something special' actually means on a global scale to U2 'fans'

Call me a moaner if yer want but in this day and age a trailer and a snippet of a song with all the build up it got isn't really good enough??????

Especially with the subs fee that we pay year in year out.

YES !!!!

• Subscriber

To be honest I was curious about this big announcement but I knew it wasn't going to be about an album because all we've been hearing recently is that an album won't be out til 2015.  I would like to hear the whole track without having to buy a movie ticket.

I think it goes without saying that the fans who don't think U2 can do no wrong have many musical interests.

I do miss the chats we had in here though.

• Subscriber

It was not even limited to paid subs only.Subscribers special - not to be missed !! Just a logical Paradox, Monica !!!  It was ONLY for the subscribers !!!  I talked to Free Members and they couldn't see anything..Just sayin' ...

Edited by pain_18_

• Subscriber

I think U2 could definitely do better with their surprises and "exclusive" content.  Other bands do share a lot more with their fans.  I love U2 dearly but that "surprise" last night was a real let down.   I was almost embarrassed to tell my husband about it when it was revealed.  A lot of us set various things aside to be at our computers and it just didn't seem worth it at all.

• Subscriber

Just my 2 cents...

Here's the mail I received, should have been the same for everyone...

Subscribers special - not to be missed

Dear monica,

Something a bit special is coming up on our U2.com subscription site tomorrow.

As you know, we like to show you some love - so tomorrow we're bringing you something a little out of the ordinary.

Can't say anymore but sign in Thursday at 6.30pm (US EDT).

Check the time in your location.

best wishes,

The U2.com Team.

U2 ONLINE Shop / Facebook / YouTube / Twitter

a bit special, a little out of the ordinary...

No exclusive mentioned, no unbelivable announcement, nothing of real big thing happening

So why are you complaining?

It was not even limited to paid subs only. Surely in this case someone would have complained for this reason (should have been for all the fans, not just the "wealthy" ones ecc.ecc.)

Ok the news was all over the net. So what? there was no trailer around the web anyway. So the trailer here was exclusive

I'm happy of what happened, no big expactations depending on what I read in the mail.

I might be the only one maybe...who cares?

Agree with you completely Monica Martino.  "A little out of the ordinary" means not the usual stuff but not necessarily the end all be all.

I imagine that if U2.com had not given anyone a heads up that a new song was about to drop, there would have been complaints about how the band didn't have the decency to let their fans know a new song was coming along.  You just can't win.

It was nice of them to let us know.  It didn't make or break my world that this song came out or the manner in which I heard it.  It is what it is. 

• Subscriber

I imagine that if U2.com had not given anyone a heads up that a new song was about to drop, there would have been complaints about how the band didn't have the decency to let their fans know a new song was coming along.  You just can't win.

• Subscriber

Oh BUT they CAN win !!! They could..let's say...just  post a Live (or Recorded) Performance  of the New Single from the Studio...Just to see what WE think...

Exactly.  Showing us a movie trailer was nothing special.  I never would have waited 30 minutes at my computer if I knew that's what it was going to be.