'ordinary Love' Discussion Thread

• Subscriber

just to note that yes, the trailer is available now on youtube / yahoo movies, but that we got it first, nowhere else had it for at least an hour after it was first shown on U2.com. 

Its also true that as soon as anything is released someone whacks it on youtube, not a lot can be done about that, and in this case it was Yahoo movies who had it up officially, about an hour or so after we got it.

At some point, if we do get the full version of the song here, how do you think it should be done? Big announcement, or just release it to members only, no fuss? Email? Twitter? Soundcloud? Would be interesting to know how you all would prefer get the info, if, as and when it drops....

I'm quite happy with what you're already doing cheers :D and will leave that decision to you :P

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think people will either not like this, or will think it's okay, or will Love this. I appreciate those who were hoping for something else, but mark me down in the LOVE column.   Got to hear it FIR

I really love U2, i know you wont do anything, i know the person who will read this ovbiously will not be Bono, Edge, Adam or Larry, i know that, and is ok, but I have to say something!!... please for

Interesting. Now I Really want to hear the whole song. Of course, U2 was an influence on Coldplay - & they've said so - so it's pretty much Coldplay who sounds a little like U2. But now when I hea

• Subscriber

the sea wants to kiss the golden shore

the sunlight warms your skin
all the beauty thats been lost before
wants to find us again

we can't fall any further
and we can't feel ordinary love
we can not reach any higher
we can't feel this ordinary love

we can't fall any further
and we can't feel ordinary love

woohooohoohooho
woohooohoohooho
ordinary love
ordinary love

Thanks for this Jen. :)

Yeah ta ;)

• Upvote 1
  • Subscriber

At some point, if we do get the full version of the song here, how do you think it should be done? Big announcement, or just release it to members only, no fuss? Email? Twitter? Soundcloud? Would be interesting to know how you all would prefer get the info, if, as and when it drops....

Can you hammer out a hierarchy, maybe with a survey or two to catch people who don't read/write in the forums, to figure out the method of announcement to go with different types of content? So, maybe, for example, if there's a release date announcement or a song sample it just goes on the news page, if it's a full song or maybe the subscriber package it gets an email. That way they could be set as minimums if you don't want to spoil a surprise, and people can take their chances. At your highest level would be the things most people don't want to miss - tour announcement/ticket sales, etc. I'm sure marketing will want anything that potentially involves something to be purchased at the top of the list, while fans may rather have things like pictures of Larry modeling new jeans at the red alert level. 

• Upvote 1

Can you hammer out a hierarchy, maybe with a survey or two to catch people who don't read/write in the forums, to figure out the method of announcement to go with different types of content? So, maybe, for example, if there's a release date announcement or a song sample it just goes on the news page, if it's a full song or maybe the subscriber package it gets an email. That way they could be set as minimums if you don't want to spoil a surprise, and people can take their chances. At your highest level would be the things most people don't want to miss - tour announcement/ticket sales, etc. I'm sure marketing will want anything that potentially involves something to be purchased at the top of the list, while fans may rather have things like pictures of Larry modeling new jeans at the red alert level. 

larry brand jeans and b-man cologne!!

• Subscriber

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not a Vynil it's impossible F*** vinyl format.

What are you doing U2 and what for Cd format,

Wide Awake in Europe and now Ordinary Love and Breathe. It's a shame!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do a Cd now or Bye bye!!!! U2 you are terribly wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Subscriber

As collector item I think it's much interesting on vinyl

I won't fight for the vinyl, I will try the competition hoping it will be an easy one and accessible to everyone on this site...not Fb twitter or anything else ( never heard back for the FTGU competition for subs only :sad: )

• Subscriber

I am disappointed. I realize vinyl is good for collectors, but I'm not that kind of collector, I want the music to listen to, not a record that will probably sit somewhere and collect dust. No offense to the people who do collect vinyls. I'd really like this song on a CD, just like I really wanted Wide Awake in Europe to be on a CD. Awesome songs, but I'm not spending that much money on vinyls that I can't even listen to. Hopefully Ordinary Love will be on the new album, but I would think if it's being released like this probably not.

U2 already said they won't be releasing any more CD singles so I am not surprised it is not being released in this format.

No one buys them anymore, so a digital iTunes release would be nice if we get it.

If not, guess I will have to try hard to get it on vinyl if I can, if I can't there is always YouTube to enjoy it on...