All Because Of Leeny?

• Subscriber

I'm thinking this could be 1 of the kids from Leeny's confirmation classes - he picked up on the 'small person in a big chair' theme from her vacation pics...and the rest is history!

a-young-boy-wearing-a-yellow-shirt-takes
  • Subscriber

While we're at it, in celebration of Great Lyrics (which are poetry, too), my personal favorite lines from 'All Because of You':

I was born a child of grace -
nothing else about the place.
Everything was ugly but your beautiful face
and it left me no illusion.

I saw you in the curve of the moon,
in the shadow cast across my room.
You heard me in my tune
when I just heard confusion.

All because of you,
All because of you,
All because of you,
I am, I am.

…I'm not broke but you can see the cracks.
You can make me perfect again.

All because of you…

I am, I am.

I'm alive.

I'm being born.
I just arrived, I'm at the door
of the place I started out from…

All because of you.

• Subscriber

The little boy on the pope´s chair looks so sweet!

I also love those lines from All Because Of You. Bono certainly thought of his father when writing this song. At the same time it doubtlessly refers to God and our belief that He has given us our existence. For me the lines "I´m not broke but you can see the cracks/You can make me perfect again" are moving. Our faith in the healing power of a merciful God helps us to overcome all kinds of troubles.

• Subscriber

"The little boy on the pope´s chair looks so sweet!"  Yes. He was darling. And funny too. He went viral. I think I read that he was up on stage for about 20 minutes. Everything from hugging the Pope's legs to taking on the role of host to some guests who were there.

If I understand correctly, he was adopted. After I posted the 'All Because of You' lyrics above, it occurred to me how the interpretation of the lyrics could change if they were seen through the eyes of a child wanting to be adopted into a 'forever family.' Wherever the words 'your' and 'you' are in the song, it could refer to the person who finally loved him (or any orphaned child) enough to adopt him.

• Subscriber

I'm thinking this could be 1 of the kids from Leeny's confirmation classes - he picked up on the 'small person in a big chair' theme from her vacation pics...and the rest is history!

a-young-boy-wearing-a-yellow-shirt-takes

Definitely the age many of them ACT, but they are 15 yr-olds by birth.  Arrow for the cutie in the big chair.  ;)