U2 Management Bought By Giant Ln According To Ny Times

• Subscriber

Welcome to a complete 100% corporate U2,and I'll drop my yellow pants and flash my rosey red arse cheeks if GA tickets are anywhere near the £50 mark next tour,that's if there will ever be GA at a U2 gig ever again.

We'll all be in the cheap seats miles away while the posh fuckers rattle their jewellry at the front to quote john lennon.

The new rolling stones comes to mind.

My mate at work paid around £600 to see The Stones at the O2 in London. Less shows, more demand, less overheads, more cash!! 

Let's face it, if the bands long awaited new album is crap at least someone else will be taking the financial burden off them as they did with Madonna's last album!

We all know they're all skint and living on the breadline and can't afford risks anymore  :D  

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and most of all this could be one of the reasons for the delay of the new album....

This is the beginning of the end  

I see.     So fans wanted Eno and Lanois to go away, they did, fans complained.   Fans wanted McGuiness to go away. He is. Fans complained and now see doom and gloom.     Hey! good news out of

Posted Images

• Subscriber

Last night I thought: what a bomb...

Well, this is an important day and I'm a bit sad because I really like Paul McGuinness. He had a fundamental role troughout their history with his intelligence and his values and his moves. But I understand how tough his work must be, taking into account the beast of a band that U2 is, and all what each tour involve, etc. I'm sure he chose the suitable moment, before enlisting in the nex tour. And he will be able to enjoy with a little less pressure, and that probably will be really positive for him. And he's not gone, he's the chairman.

He gave his vote of confidence to the new manager so I'll gave him mine too... Let's give him a chance :D   ;)

I'm not afraid of changes and U2 has an instinct for changes and evolution, isn't it? That's why we are here in 2013 enjoying them. Or what do you think.

And U2 is ruled by U2ers in case you don't remember. :lol:

• Upvote 1

U2 are the new Rolling Stones, $$$$$$$$$, except U2 makes better music then the Stones at this point.

Live Nation took over ticketbastid, that worked out well didn't it.  Live Nation runs this site, that's worked out well too right, it's why I don't subscribe anymore.  Subscription cost will probably go up along with concert ticket prices.

Corporations rule nations and now artists.  Sad that rock music originally was anti-establishment, rebellious, etc. and then slowly became establishment big business.  Lou Reed was a true artist who never made his art about the $.

I wish Paul well in his well deserved semi-retirement at 64. 

When I get older losing my hair,
Many years from now.
Will you still be sending me a valentine
Birthday greetings bottle of wine.

If I'd been out till quarter to three
Would you lock the door,
Will you still need me, will you still feed me,
When I'm sixty-four.

You'll be older too,
And if you say the word,
I could stay with you.

I could be handy, mending a fuse
When your lights have gone.
You can knit a sweater by the fireside
Sunday mornings go for a ride.

Doing the garden, digging the weeds,
Who could ask for more.
When I'm sixty-four.

Every summer we can rent a cottage,
In the Isle of Wight, if it's not too dear
We shall scrimp and save
Grandchildren on your knee
Vera, Chuck & Dave

Send me a postcard, drop me a line,
Stating point of view
Indicate precisely what you mean to say
Yours sincerely, wasting away

Give me your answer, fill in a form
Mine for evermore
When I'm sixty-four.
Edited by surrenders
  • Upvote 1
  • Subscriber

Hmmm. I really don't see this as a good thing. Obviously P McG can't keep going forever and is entitled to retire as much as anyone else. What I don't like is the buyout by Live Nation of their management. It' like Coca Cola buying a small nation's local and favourite brand of cola. Many years ago Paul McGuinness said he would never allow U2 to accept sponsorship and sell out on their artistic values. Well eventually he changed his mind. He sold his principles. When U2 first started working with Live Nation and their website started being run by them I noticed a slipping of standards and a sellout of principles, a distancing from fans. Their movement of their publishing company to Holland has been very unpopular in Ireland. A friend of mine recently said 'I don't want to hear 'I see seven towers' being sung in Dublin again'. I agree with him. With Principle management now being sold is it a matter of U2 now being principle-less?

• Upvote 1

We wait and we wonder   !!!!!!!!!!!!

Im not pleased at this ''partnership'' either and as far as LN are concerned I fear it's a BAD thing - LN are only concerned about how much they can bleed from the average fan and taking a 100% stake in U2 will give them complete control over every future U2 event and they will do their utmost to make us pay heavily when a tour comes around - I think this association will have a negative affect on U2 with fan's not going to as many shows as they have in the past and many could even avoid show's completely ... I wait and hope we are wrong BUT the corporate heads behind LN won't be worried about us (Im sure) but again - We will wait and wonder

• Subscriber

Last night I thought: what a bomb...

Well, this is an important day and I'm a bit sad because I really like Paul McGuinness. He had a fundamental role troughout their history with his intelligence and his values and his moves. But I understand how tough his work must be, taking into account the beast of a band that U2 is, and all what each tour involve, etc. I'm sure he chose the suitable moment, before enlisting in the nex tour. And he will be able to enjoy with a little less pressure, and that probably will be really positive for him. And he's not gone, he's the chairman.

He gave his vote of confidence to the new manager so I'll gave him mine too... Let's give him a chance :D   ;)

I'm not afraid of changes and U2 has an instinct for changes and evolution, isn't it? That's why we are here in 2013 enjoying them. Or what do you think.

And U2 is ruled by U2ers in case you don't remember. :lol:

I agree!!

U2 have always been coherent with their choices and they never disappoint fans. Paul McGuinnes has the right to retire, and if U2 agreed with this, WE HAVE TO agree and have faith in them. And don't forget: until Larry is around, everything will be ok!  ;)

• Upvote 1
  • Subscriber

I have a bad feeling in my guts about this.  McGuinness did a great job - and he kept to the band's values in the way he set up tours, ticket prices and just the whole non-commercial ethos around U2.  I am worried that the first announcement is that U2 now need 'brand partners' to promote the new album.  Since when did they need brand partners?  This does not feel good.  A band statement would really help here.

Hmmm. I really don't see this as a good thing. Obviously P McG can't keep going forever and is entitled to retire as much as anyone else. What I don't like is the buyout by Live Nation of their management. It' like Coca Cola buying a small nation's local and favourite brand of cola. Many years ago Paul McGuinness said he would never allow U2 to accept sponsorship and sell out on their artistic values. Well eventually he changed his mind. He sold his principles. When U2 first started working with Live Nation and their website started being run by them I noticed a slipping of standards and a sellout of principles, a distancing from fans. Their movement of their publishing company to Holland has been very unpopular in Ireland. A friend of mine recently said 'I don't want to hear 'I see seven towers' being sung in Dublin again'. I agree with him. With Principle management now being sold is it a matter of U2 now being principle-less?

Well said. I'm not sure if I want to be a fan of corporate sellouts anymore... The only thing that would save them is if they put a spectacular album and if they are not greedy when it comes to concert tickets.