Sign in to follow this  
Oswaldo_S

U2 Management Bought By Giant Ln According To Ny Times

I've had the same feelings for the whole day. But after a long deep reflection I told to myself: I've been a U2 fan for 25 years (and will always do), and they never never disappointed me in their choices or in the direction they took in their career. 

When I first heard Achtung Baby, after The Joshua Tree era, I thought: what's this? Who's this band? But I knew it was the shock of the first meeting with the "new" U2. No need to say that Achtung Baby is one of my favourites. 

The same was when I discovered that Live Nation was going to manage the tours, or when they decided to make the Elevation tour and indoor tour or the Vertigo tour tickets incident. At a first sight these semed not to be good thinks, but they have always showed to have their reasons.

So I know that now it seem so strange but they will not disappoint their fans, they would never do 'cause they REALLY take care of us. 

So I think that everybody of us should keep calm and love U2. 

When I went to my first concert, in 1993, I had a 4 x 4 metres bed sheet with the written: IN U2 WE TRUST. 

And now I confirm my statement. IN U2 I TRUST - And I will always do. 

This is what I feel. Their heart is where it's always been...

And p.s. Thank you Mr. McGuinness for the great job you have done in these years and enjoy your well deserved retirement!

This is the beginning of the end

-_-

Allegra, this is EXACTLY how I feel.  I can't believe he's stepping down as manager.  LN is terrible.   Plus, if what everyone is thinking happens and ticket prices go up, I'll be VERY, VERY upset.   

Whether ticket prices go up or not, no more shows for me.  I'm sick of corporations dictating and running everything.  Here in the U.S. we've been literally screwed over by corporations and wall street to the point of almost no return with lost jobs for more corporate profits, including my own family.  I stll have principles and refuse to hand over any more money to large corporate monopolies and large multi-millionaires.

Just as my friend Gary Paul said I think we should wait and see....the gut feeling is not too good though.

Thanks Paul McGuinness for your great work and enjoy your retirement!

Last night I thought: what a bomb...

Well, this is an important day and I'm a bit sad because I really like Paul McGuinness. He had a fundamental role troughout their history with his intelligence and his values and his moves. But I understand how tough his work must be, taking into account the beast of a band that U2 is, and all what each tour involve, etc. I'm sure he chose the suitable moment, before enlisting in the nex tour. And he will be able to enjoy with a little less pressure, and that probably will be really positive for him. And he's not gone, he's the chairman.

He gave his vote of confidence to the new manager so I'll gave him mine too... Let's give him a chance :D   ;)

I'm not afraid of changes and U2 has an instinct for changes and evolution, isn't it? That's why we are here in 2013 enjoying them. Or what do you think.

And U2 is ruled by U2ers in case you don't remember. :lol:

We're not enjoying anything in 2013, we're waiting for the new album for almost 5 years ! We're Still Waiting in 2013, that's what we're doing ! ! !

Edited by pain_18_
  • Upvote 1

Actually, Paul isn't retiring, he's set up a sweet deal for himself.  He'll still be chairman of Principle but sold it to LN for $30 Mill and won't be as hands on, that's a businessman. 

What would be good for the band at this point, and most long time fans don't seem to be quite happy about this, or at the least very nervous, would be for their next tour to be in smaller venues with decent prices.  Bad publicity and moves like this have negative effects on artists, so as artists, they need to get back to basics and quit pandering to their corporate master by playing huge stadiums and over priced tickets with fans sitting practically on the next block at a show.  Keep it simple and magnificent!