U2 Management Bought By Giant Ln According To Ny Times

• Subscriber

Just Googled the guy...

As great as McGuinness is and has been for their career, having a younger manager might not be such a bad thing. Perhaps they might venture into embracing technology and social media and participating more with a fan site they tend to completely forget about. That would be cool.

Yep, it's certainly the way things are moving in all aspects of our lives. I'm 'Gen X' all over and in many ways I've had to rethink and adapt - but U2 where always usually ahead of curve in this sense from a perspective of music technology both in recording and live performance. They surely don't need to embrace that, but yeah, have they an opportunity to embrace/ engage their fans more directly through social media? 

Possibly.

Or possibly, at this stage in their careers they don't feel they need to, but new mgt thinking will generate new interest for them by harnessing those platforms better, in their best interest and in the process, ensuring they retain relevance.

Bono's always concerned about being relevant - and rightly so. 

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and most of all this could be one of the reasons for the delay of the new album....

This is the beginning of the end  

I see.     So fans wanted Eno and Lanois to go away, they did, fans complained.   Fans wanted McGuiness to go away. He is. Fans complained and now see doom and gloom.     Hey! good news out of

Posted Images

• Subscriber

I'm not too concerned about this even with McGuinness while U2 have been extremely successful touring but their presence as a band making new music has been in decline for a while now. The biggest shame was NLOTH was actually a great album but poorly marketed and promoted which like it or not comes down to not just them but their management, until they tour they are almost invisible and unheard on the TV and radio these days, Its a tough market even for U2 so new management may inject a new lease of life and better fortunes for the band in the charts.

As for ticket prices...this was only ever going to go one way wether its Live Nation or anybody else and thats tiered ticket systems and higher prices. Its an unfortunate fact of life, the bigger the band and the older and more legendary they become the more they charge its nothing new...The Rolling Stones, Paul McCartney, David Bowie and even other artists such as Cliff Richard, Celine Dion, Madonna and so on can just charge what they want because no matter what they charge it sells out.

• Subscriber

Just Googled the guy...

As great as McGuinness is and has been for their career, having a younger manager might not be such a bad thing. Perhaps they might venture into embracing technology and social media and participating more with a fan site they tend to completely forget about. That would be cool.

Yep, it's certainly the way things are moving in all aspects of our lives. I'm 'Gen X' all over and in many ways I've had to rethink and adapt - but U2 where always usually ahead of curve in this sense from a perspective of music technology both in recording and live performance. They surely don't need to embrace that, but yeah, have they an opportunity to embrace/ engage their fans more directly through social media? 

Possibly.

Or possibly, at this stage in their careers they don't feel they need to, but new mgt thinking will generate new interest for them by harnessing those platforms better, in their best interest and in the process, ensuring they retain relevance.

Thats certainly one way of looking at it. But I have to say, if any artist, no matter the stage of their career,don't feel they need to engage their fans, they should consider another line of work...

• Upvote 3

Just Googled the guy...

Possibly.

Thats certainly one way of looking at it. But I have to say, if any artist, no matter the stage of their career,don't feel they need to engage their fans, they should consider another line of work...

didnt know we were bothering 'em...

U2, are we bugging you?!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Is it me or do Bono, Adam and Larry wear PINK lipstick in that photo??? Larry-a huge amount !!!

it's a pinkish hugh lol I think that top pic was snapped at the GQ photo shoot, but could be wrong.. god knows that there are fans that know those type of details lol

Edited by Jake99
  • Subscriber

Is it me or do Bono, Adam and Larry wear PINK lipstick in that photo??? Larry-a huge amount !!!

it's a pinkish hugh lol I think that top pic was snapped at the GQ photo shoot, but could be wrong.. god knows that there are fans that know those type of details lol

*cough*

I'm afraid to say...I know.

That pic was taken for their last night on Saturday Night Live a few years back...I think it was during the 360 tour...the same night Bono showed off his Lazer jacket.

Anyway, the photo was touched up by the SNL people.  I have a copy of the original before they messed with it. Will post it later.