Have U2 Gone Too Far?

• Subscriber

With Paul McGuiness quiting recently as manager it's made me think wether or not U2 are going too far with there career. The 360 tour was massive and in a way should of been there swan song like a farewell tour as I don't think they will ever top something like that again. So unless they are doing a Beatles by not touring anymore and focusing on doing just brilliant albums (which I doubt very much) it seems odd that they are still wanting to continue. Don't get me wrong, I love U2 and will be one of the first to get tickets again to see them, but how much is too much? How much more is left in these guys as I worry they will become like the Rolling Stones, which I don't want.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Subscriber

The 360 tour was massive , I attended 4 shows over Europe ,, and I think they could fill all these stadiums over & over , I like you will b 1st inline to travel the globe to see them again , just let it b announced soon

• Subscriber

Unlike the Rolling Stones U2 are still creating new music. I think Bono once said they wouldn't become a tribute band or something along those lines and there is no way Larry would do that I'm sure, nor Edge or Adam for that matter. And Uncle Mac retiring is largely irrelevant to whatever longevity the band may have, he is 64, they are far from that and it's his personal decision.

• Subscriber

I hope they keep making new music but the 360 tour did more or less become a Greatest Hits tour as the tour went on less and less of the NLOTH album was played. The 360 tour even felt like a greatest hits tour because none of the stage etc. resembled the album it was supposed to be promoting unlike the Zoo/Pop/Elevation/Vertigo tours which at least were named after the respective album/singles they were promoting and used the artworks etc.

Mick Jagger recently said they would love to make new music but once they tour nobody wants to hear new music just the old stuff....at least he's honest!

• Subscriber

Unlike the Rolling Stones U2 are still creating new music. I think Bono once said they wouldn't become a tribute band or something along those lines and there is no way Larry would do that I'm sure, nor Edge or Adam for that matter. And Uncle Mac retiring is largely irrelevant to whatever longevity the band may have, he is 64, they are far from that and it's his personal decision.

post-559415-0-94776500-1386589483_thumb.gif

• Subscriber

Mick Jagger recently said they would love to make new music but once they tour nobody wants to hear new music just the old stuff....at least he's honest!

whereas we hear a certain remix of Pride and tell them to stick it where the sun doesn't shine :lol: - we're just a different calibre of fan y'see  ;) ! I like a mix of old and new on tour, otherwise it's the same ol' same ol', they'd get as bored as we would!!

• Community Moderator

whereas we hear a certain remix of Pride and tell them to stick it where the sun doesn't shine :lol: - we're just a different calibre of fan y'see  ;) ! I like a mix of old and new on tour, otherwise it's the same ol' same ol', they'd get as bored as we would!!

:lol:   That's true.  But there will be fans that just want the greatest hits at shows.  Sadly, the last leg of 360 became almost that.  Hopefully they heard us moan about that.  *still mad they dropped most of the NLOTH songs*  *would still kick them in the rear for that remix of Pride*