Have U2 Gone Too Far?

• Subscriber

u2 never put out a bad album.  Some were brilliant, the rest were very good.

I thoroughly disagree... the three noughties albums have been sub par. Also the first three albums they released were fairly poor too...

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Subscriber

I thoroughly disagree... the three noughties albums have been sub par. Also the first three albums they released were fairly poor too...

Seriously???

Boy is a fantastic album

War and October are pretty good too!

As for the noughties both ATYCLB had some great tracks and so did Atomic Bomb but NLOTH is a very under rated album and is up there with their best.

• Subscriber

Frank, you said: "...the first three albums they released were fairly poor too..."

Now you cut that out.  Rule #1) The 'War' album shant be dissed.

Besides, beauty's in the eye of the beholder. Or the ear of the listener. :lol:

• Subscriber

I'm with you!

....whilst I'm at it...

Boy is classic,

October has some belters, ( i.e. classic tracks)

War got them noticed globally,possibly weaker than the first two, in my opinion, but it delivered a talking point.

UF, was post grad 'war' and notably better with the introduction of Eno et al.

The rest is, as they say....

• Subscriber

Hi Yardie. Long time no speak. Hope all's well w/ u. You said "War got them noticed globally...but it delivered a talking point."

I agree w/the 1st part of that, but I have to say I sure think 'War' delivered more than a talking point. To me, these songs from 'War' are massively awesome & are some major personal favorites of mine: 'Sunday Bloody Sunday,' 'New Years Day,' & 'Drowning Man.' And I really enjoy their performances of '40' in concert.

• Subscriber

Hi Yardie. Long time no speak. Hope all's well w/ u. You said "War got them noticed globally...but it delivered a talking point."

I agree w/the 1st part of that, but I have to say I sure think 'War' delivered more than a talking point. To me, these songs from 'War' are massively awesome & are some major personal favorites of mine: 'Sunday Bloody Sunday,' 'New Years Day,' & 'Drowning Man.' And I really enjoy their performances of '40' in concert.

Hi Alma,

Look yeah, some fantastic songs on WAR, my favourite  is 'Surrender' purely on the merit of melody, "Sadie said she couldn't work out what it was all about" and all that stuff.

For me, there is no poor U2 album.

That said, the poster asks 'have U2 gone too far?'

They'll go as long as they want to. They'll b working on the next idea already - and if it isn't conquering the world again - who knows?

If they stick to kicking out an album with decent tracks, I dont care what they do live, they will change with age, they must.

That  doesn't mean to say a new concept wont arrive that none of us thought of!

U2 have looked after themselves, and people have looked after them.

Brilliant band.

• Subscriber

Thanks for your thoughts, Yardie.

As far as the idea of U2 going 'too far' - and the person who posted the original comment basically saying at 1 point that he doesn't want U2 to go as far as The Rolling Stones, which I take to mean in terms of still performing at that age:

If someone doesn't want to see them keep going at an older age, that's that fan's business - that person can just stay home from the concerts - & the rest of us will still go. :lol:   To each his own.

Seriously???

Boy is a fantastic album

War and October are pretty good too!

As for the noughties both ATYCLB had some great tracks and so did Atomic Bomb but NLOTH is a very under rated album and is up there with their best.

This ^^^ 

• 2 weeks later...