New Members Introduction Thread

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

First post to this thread in 2019?!     The show announcements for Australia, Japan, Singapore and Korea brought me back in. Originally an 'old zoo' member in 2005, and traveled inside

Yeah i tried to come to america or europe for the last 10 years and here in Sri lanka they dont easily give us visa unless we show a lot of wealth in our bank accounts so i never got the chance. So as

Hi again and thank you!! 😉

Posted Images

I'm far from new here. I first joined U2.com in the mid 1990s, then left around 2000 because I believed the band had sold out. After hearing a few songs from their last album, I fell in love with them all over again...I guess I never stopped loving them, but I'm ancient and still believe their best decade was the 1980s...before Bono "dreamed it up all over again". I'm a single/never-married, middle-aged, multiracial woman who's also a semi-invalid. I saw U2 perform at RFK Stadium here in DC on August 15, 1992 for the first--and perhaps the last--time (unless they plan to play at a venue in or near DC which accommodates handicapped fans).

• 4 weeks later...

Hello!

Wow has this place changed! I thought I'd post in here because it kind of is an introduction, or rather a re-introduction!

I was a member of the Zoo sub forums for years when I was younger (about 14-18 years old) and then I grew up and had things to do that took me away!

I can get on my old account but it has a username typical of an angsty teenager and all my posts of old are gone, so there's not much point! So I made this one!

I'm 25 now, despite the fact that my profile insists I was born in 1969 and not 1990 (help! I cant change it?!), I went to Uni and got a degree in Human Rights Law, I got engaged 2 months ago, I got a cat... I'm all grown up!

U2 are still my favourite musicians without a shadow of a doubt, and I wanted to come back and see if my old friends were still around!

I remember Andy who has a lovely wife Gwen, I remember a guy who liked drumming who had a little boy and posted pics of the little one drumming! I remember somebody who had a username related to mushrooms who wanted to be a mortician and was from America...

It's so long ago, and I know that its probably a slim chance, but the annoying Welsh girl is here just wondering if you were all still around?

:)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Been a U2 fan now for nearly 30 years. Saw them first on the Achtung Baby tour and most recently on the Innocence/ Experience tour I was able to see them 5 times in a little over a week here in Phoenix then over to LA. Two of the shows I had seats right near the stage, one GA and the other Red Zone. Got some incredible shots of the boys and even caught a set list from Bono at my first LA show that he tossed out as a paper airplane. I was taking pictures and just instinctively caught it. It was a special week and I just hope they are willing to hit the road again at some point this year.

• Subscriber

Been a U2 fan now for nearly 30 years. Saw them first on the Achtung Baby tour and most recently on the Innocence/ Experience tour I was able to see them 5 times in a little over a week here in Phoenix then over to LA. Two of the shows I had seats right near the stage, one GA and the other Red Zone. Got some incredible shots of the boys and even caught a set list from Bono at my first LA show that he tossed out as a paper airplane. I was taking pictures and just instinctively caught it. It was a special week and I just hope they are willing to hit the road again at some point this year.

Good storie! How was going Red Zone?