Jump to content

New Members Introduction Thread


Recommended Posts

  • Subscriber
21 minutes ago, mich40 said:

I know I welcomed you yesterday during the stream, but again, welcome to the Zoo. Glad you joined us.

 

Thank you very much (again). It's great to be here ❤️ 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 533
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

First post to this thread in 2019?!     The show announcements for Australia, Japan, Singapore and Korea brought me back in. Originally an 'old zoo' member in 2005, and traveled inside

Yeah i tried to come to america or europe for the last 10 years and here in Sri lanka they dont easily give us visa unless we show a lot of wealth in our bank accounts so i never got the chance. So as

Oh Jeeeeeez, I just didn't recognize this thread when I joined this community last year, sorry But I had a very good start here and already connected with some super nice people   Hope you don

Posted Images

  • Subscriber

Hello hello! Been here for 3“ish” years and its the first time i am posting on the forum :) one more u2 fan for Brazil’s side of the force here 😅 
 

Been a fan of the band for 20/25 years so far (fell madly in love when i was 10 and “Pride” started playing on the radio) and the first time i got to see them live was actually in 2017 at the Joshua Tree tour (good thing is that i was finally able to pay for a ticket, every time they were at São Paulo i was completely broke and i got sooo happy that it was happening 🤣 still see the videos when i browse at my phone and miss that day!)

nice to meet you all! :) 

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Community Moderator
2 hours ago, RaissaJunker said:

Hello hello! Been here for 3“ish” years and its the first time i am posting on the forum :) one more u2 fan for Brazil’s side of the force here 😅 
 

Been a fan of the band for 20/25 years so far (fell madly in love when i was 10 and “Pride” started playing on the radio) and the first time i got to see them live was actually in 2017 at the Joshua Tree tour (good thing is that i was finally able to pay for a ticket, every time they were at São Paulo i was completely broke and i got sooo happy that it was happening 🤣 still see the videos when i browse at my phone and miss that day!)

nice to meet you all! :) 

 

Nice to meet you!

Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been posting in the weekend stream thread for two weeks now, but never presented myself...

 

Hello hello, i'm Cam from Montréal, Canada - i'm 24, been aware of the band since I was a child due to listening to tons of classic rock radio (and the Super Bowl, let's be real here).  I liked to bump War and the singles every once in a while as a teen, and I don't know what happened last year, but I became a full-time fan! Never seen them live, certainly hoping I will one day...For now, I settle on listening to them a ton, and watching their concerts!  It's nice to meet you all 😄

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Community Moderator
1 hour ago, camillettreault said:

I've been posting in the weekend stream thread for two weeks now, but never presented myself...

 

Hello hello, i'm Cam from Montréal, Canada - i'm 24, been aware of the band since I was a child due to listening to tons of classic rock radio (and the Super Bowl, let's be real here).  I liked to bump War and the singles every once in a while as a teen, and I don't know what happened last year, but I became a full-time fan! Never seen them live, certainly hoping I will one day...For now, I settle on listening to them a ton, and watching their concerts!  It's nice to meet you all 😄

Welcome to the Zoo! Glad you decided to join us. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Helllooooo everyone. I've been reading here for a while and made an account last week to participate in the watch party but I haven't gotten around to introducing myself until now. 

Soooo, a few things about myself. I'm probably the youngest person here haha. I'm 23, born 1/7/1997. Unfortunately, none of my friends know what real music is and thus get annoyed whenever I bring up anything U2 related (I admit they probably can't handle my intensity... I can't help it 😅) So because they are So Cruel, I have come to the world of the internets to find people who can understand all my incoherent ramblings about 4 dudes from Dublin (especially the guy with the sunglasses, he's pretty cool). If there's anyone here near my age, that would be awesome so I don't feel like a tiny baby in the room with all the adults 😂.

Some other things about me, I like to write and draw and listen to music (obviously), and I like to read. I officially as of yesterday have nothing to do since I'm done with school for the summer, so time to stalk this place like a creeper 😂. So if anyone even has the fleeting idea of talking to me, please do because I'm going to be very bored and starved for social interaction (I already am please help me). 

Also, I'm trying to come up with an idea for my profile picture but I can't think of anything, so if anyone has any ideas that'd be great haha. 

Anyway, nice to meet everyone! 😄

  • Like 1
  • Brilliant 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Subscriber
1 hour ago, ImInAPlaceCalledZootopia said:

Helllooooo everyone. I've been reading here for a while and made an account last week to participate in the watch party but I haven't gotten around to introducing myself until now. 

Soooo, a few things about myself. I'm probably the youngest person here haha. I'm 23, born 1/7/1997. Unfortunately, none of my friends know what real music is and thus get annoyed whenever I bring up anything U2 related (I admit they probably can't handle my intensity... I can't help it 😅) So because they are So Cruel, I have come to the world of the internets to find people who can understand all my incoherent ramblings about 4 dudes from Dublin (especially the guy with the sunglasses, he's pretty cool). If there's anyone here near my age, that would be awesome so I don't feel like a tiny baby in the room with all the adults 😂.

Some other things about me, I like to write and draw and listen to music (obviously), and I like to read. I officially as of yesterday have nothing to do since I'm done with school for the summer, so time to stalk this place like a creeper 😂. So if anyone even has the fleeting idea of talking to me, please do because I'm going to be very bored and starved for social interaction (I already am please help me). 

Also, I'm trying to come up with an idea for my profile picture but I can't think of anything, so if anyone has any ideas that'd be great haha. 

Anyway, nice to meet everyone! 😄


Welcome aboard !

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Subscriber
2 hours ago, ImInAPlaceCalledZootopia said:

Helllooooo everyone. I've been reading here for a while and made an account last week to participate in the watch party but I haven't gotten around to introducing myself until now. 

Soooo, a few things about myself. I'm probably the youngest person here haha. I'm 23, born 1/7/1997. Unfortunately, none of my friends know what real music is and thus get annoyed whenever I bring up anything U2 related (I admit they probably can't handle my intensity... I can't help it 😅) So because they are So Cruel, I have come to the world of the internets to find people who can understand all my incoherent ramblings about 4 dudes from Dublin (especially the guy with the sunglasses, he's pretty cool). If there's anyone here near my age, that would be awesome so I don't feel like a tiny baby in the room with all the adults 😂.

Some other things about me, I like to write and draw and listen to music (obviously), and I like to read. I officially as of yesterday have nothing to do since I'm done with school for the summer, so time to stalk this place like a creeper 😂. So if anyone even has the fleeting idea of talking to me, please do because I'm going to be very bored and starved for social interaction (I already am please help me). 

Also, I'm trying to come up with an idea for my profile picture but I can't think of anything, so if anyone has any ideas that'd be great haha. 

Anyway, nice to meet everyone! 😄

Welcome!  I was 16 when I first joined a U2 community so I remember how it felt to be younger than most other people there. :) (I feel very old these days.)

I love chatting about U2 but can rarely find people to do that with, so if you want to PM me or whatever, feel free! Or you could start some new discussion threads if you have any good ideas.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Canadanne said:

Welcome!  I was 16 when I first joined a U2 community so I remember how it felt to be younger than most other people there. :) (I feel very old these days.)

I love chatting about U2 but can rarely find people to do that with, so if you want to PM me or whatever, feel free! Or you could start some new discussion threads if you have any good ideas.

Aww, thank you! At least you understand haha. And yeah, I have a lot of ideas and things I want to say but to be honest, I'm a really self-conscious person, I worry too much. I have a bad habit of tricking myself into believing nobody finds what I have to say interesting 😬. Not to turn this into "Feel bad for me" or anything.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...