Entertainment "weakly"

joe

• Subscriber

No, lol! I literally drove from Chicago to Milwaukee, drove around the downtown before I had to return the rental car, and really liked the area. Stopped, literally at intersections and took pics under the trestles , then on the hill where the older nice houses overlook Lake Michigan, and then again down at the lakefront park. The city had a very nice vibe. It was nearly deserted - dusk on a Sunday night in the summer. I later read a bit about it and apparently it is the place for the 20s-30s crowd. I told my oldest girls all about it and to check it out and consider moving there - they wanted a change.

Then I drove to the airport hotel and flew out very early the next morning.

My middle daughter and I were in Rockford, IL, for a national softball tournament. We visited Chicago on the front and back end of the tournament. If I had known how much I'd like Milwaukee, I'd have gone there the final day and not back to Chicago. :) However, I loved Chicago and want to see U2 there this tour. They always do such great shows in Chicago and I gather the fans are very appreciative. I want to see my favorite band with those kind of people; they are my people. ;)

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, lol! I literally drove from Chicago to Milwaukee, drove around the downtown before I had to return the rental car, and really liked the area. Stopped, literally at intersections and took pics under the trestles , then on the hill where the older nice houses overlook Lake Michigan, and then again down at the lakefront park. The city had a very nice vibe. It was nearly deserted - dusk on a Sunday night in the summer. I later read a bit about it and apparently it is the place for the 20s-30s crowd. I told my oldest girls all about it and to check it out and consider moving there - they wanted a change.

My middle daughter and I were in Rockford, IL, for a national softball tournament. We visited Chicago on the front and back end of the tournament. If I had known how much I'd like Milwaukee, I'd have gone there the final day and not back to Chicago. :) However, I loved Chicago and want to see U2 there this tour. They always do such great shows in Chicago and I gather the fans are very appreciative. I want to see my favorite band with those kind of people; they are my people. ;)

cant blame you for wanting to be with people like u2 fans...

• Subscriber

Your story of Milwaukee is Fantastic !! Thanks for sharing it with us !!!