Poems, Videos, Lyrics, Letting A Positive Vibe-->Or Making Reflect--> Or Smile

Go to solution Solved by paoladegliesposti,

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Happy birthday Eric "Slowhand" Patrick Clapton!! http://www.ericclapton.com/?frontpage=true         Tell the truth. Tell me who's been fooling you?Tell

I see one-third of a nation ill-housed, ill-clad, ill-nourished. Franklin D. Roosevelt (1882-1945), U.S. Democratic politician, president. second inaugural addresss, Jan. 20, 1937. Public Papers

Posted Images

• Subscriber

I could tell it is history as it's so beautifully aged.  I thought perhaps it might be Bologna.  I've spent over two years of my life in Italy.  Been to Venice three times and foolishly did not stay in or ever go to Bologna.  Venice is okay but not the Italy I love.  I need good food and real people not mobs of tourists and cruise ships.  You are from Bologna, yes?  I hear the food is incredible and the university is very old.  Love that stuff.

• Like 1
  • Subscriber

I figured that out, however; I still enjoy the food much more in other places of Italy.  Venice is very beautiful.  My favorite thing to do is take the vaporetti to the islands.  I've yet to see Da Vinci's Proportions of Man at the Accademia.  The Bari church was incredible.  I get very frustrated with St Mark's Basilica.  There's nowhere to pray, as a Catholic.  My gosh is that Basilica beautiful.   I love Venice but it seems like it's not the Italy I know.  My favorites are Rome and Naples.  I know my way around those cities better than I do my own city of Milwaukee.  I want to live in Trastevere in Rome.  Time will tell.  I've been there enough to know I'd love it and get on well.  Aren't you in Barcelona?  It's been a while since I saw the Sagrada Familia.  I'm very envious and now I'm hungry for churros con chocolate again.

• Subscriber

To get this thread back to poetry...here is my mentor I keep mentioning.  He was/is what may be the dearest friend I've ever had.  Reading his translations of Sophocles and Euripides and Plautus and Sappho and Aristophones and so many more are well worth the endeavour.  I badly miss him but know I'll see him again.  This man was brilliant and funny beyond anything I had known.  I also got to stay in a virtual art museum every time I visited him as his mentor was the English painter, Duncan Grant.  Had I not listened to a voice in my head and said hello...a whole world would never have opened for me.  He was a professor of mine in Milwaukee, WI.  How the Bloomsbury movement came to Milwaukee and I got swept up in it happening is one of the greatest joys of my life.

On 5/4/2018 at 11:50 AM, Manohlive said:

I could tell it is history as it's so beautifully aged.  I thought perhaps it might be Bologna.  I've spent over two years of my life in Italy.  Been to Venice three times and foolishly did not stay in or ever go to Bologna.  Venice is okay but not the Italy I love.  I need good food and real people not mobs of tourists and cruise ships.  You are from Bologna, yes?  I hear the food is incredible and the university is very old.  Love that stuff.

And many shows, music gigs, theatre's performances, also a market similar to Camden Town's Portobello,  a smaller one, frankly, on Fridays and Saturdays. Province of Europe, I dare say. Here I was born and I ever lived. Thank you!

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, paoladegliesposti said:

And many shows, music gigs, theatre's performances, also a market similar to Camden Town's Portobello,  a smaller one, frankly, on Fridays and Saturdays. Province of Europe, I dare say. Here I was born and I ever lived. Thank you!

Thank you!  Of all places, Bologna is probably my first choice.  Theater is my favorite indulgence.  It's nice to know it's doing well in Bolonga.  We have a thriving theatrical scene where I live, in Milwaukee, WI of the USA.  Are you going to any shows for SOE?  I don't know if they are playing Rome.  I'm drunk and cannot look it up but that would be my first choice.  I do remember they are playing Milano, which is much closer for you.  I hope you get to see them this tour.

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, paoladegliesposti said:

Thank you. I do not know, Milan is not near , I do not drive anymore. By the way the show is great and set list amazing for what I have seen and heard. 

I imagined you would take the train.Three hours back n forth and schedules plus tickets price adds up quickly.   Concerts are my greatest love.  It's sad they've become so expensive.  When I add all that up it would give me pause too.  It would involve big sacrifices.  

Edited by Manohlive
  • Thanks 1