Ordinary Love Gets Oscar Nomination

febottini

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

No surprise that the song from Frozen won. When you're up against Disney, might as well pack it in. The performance was amazing and I think had they played for about a minute longer, Bono would have been in the audience. 

• Subscriber

Whilst I love U2 and Ordinary Love is great.  I thought it was a three horse race between U2, Happy and Disney they all deserved to win but there can only be one winner and I think the right choice was made. :D

Yeah macman that 'Frozen' film is a top movie - very festive and great yuletide viewing  :lol:

I didn't mind the Frozen song though the lady singing it, her voice broke and it sounded like she was screaming almost.

I'd just heard Pink do a great version of 'Somewhere Over The Rainbow' so that was hard to top.

I think the guys did a great performance and they don't need an Oscar to say it's a good song. having said that, I'm

not a fan of Winnie Mandela and her involvement in "necklacing" those she saw as enemies of the ANC <_< sorry to bring this

up in a thread about a song but Bono did say it's about the letters that went back and forth from Nelson to Winnie.

• Subscriber

Expected the song from Frozen to win after seeing it on the Christmas parade broadcast from Disney this past year. It's pop. I also could care less about the Oscars, which I don't see as anything but an advertising mechanism - that it's an award from your peers (limited to 6000 specific peers) is baloney.

Edited by Koke-dera

• Subscriber

The photobomber is Benedict Cumberbatch currently best known as The BBC's Sherlock Holmes which is just terrific!

Idina Menzel is an experienced and accomplished broadway star and her performance was cringeworthy. I think her voice is annoying even on the soundtrack. Let It Go is a HUGE hit with nearly everyone from their mid 20's down. Good message, but Ordinary Love was the most moving and interesting.

• Subscriber

U2 nailed it...

In Addition : The Public was on Fire !!! Jared Leto was more excited about U2's performance than about winning his Oscar !

Everyone was rooting, whistling and clapping and being mesmerized !!!

Edited by pain_18_