U2 Should Do A Free, Televised Central Park Mega Concert

rolo0526

• Subscriber

As rumors swirl around the internet regarding an upcoming Super Bowl commercial featuring a new song and the announcement of the new album release date, and the fact that they will inaugurate the new Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon, I thought of something:

U2 should join the list of other artists such as Simon & Garfunkel, Garth Brooks, Bon Jovi, and Sheryl Crow, and have a mega concert on Central Park's main lawn. This would be great for the fans, great for the promotion of their new album and tour, and an awesome showcase for their new tunes if they could get a channel like FX or MTV or some other channel to televise it.

They recorded the album in NYC, and a lot of NYers raised eye brows when U2 was absent from the 12/12 concert. They could allow people to attend the concert after making a $5 donation to either Sandy relief, aid for Africa, or some other cause (maybe the Philippines). I think they could break the record for ppl drawn to such an event, and it would be awesome. They did a surprise concert in Brooklyn right before Vertigo. They also had a free concert for Fordham students before 360 where they did 6 songs. I say hey, if you're gonna be a monkey, be a gorilla.  they should do more of a full set, put it on the house, or for charity, showcase new songs, and maybe even have a few collaborations. I was at the Sheryl Crow concert and she had Eric Clapton, Keith Richards, Stevie Nicks, and others jam and sing with her. It was one of the best concerts I have gone too. Maybe U2 could get Chris Martin, Brandon Flowers, Alicia Keys, and Beyoncé to have cameos.

And last but not least, its a great way to draw new fans! Anyway, has U2 ever done a large scale free concert before?

Either way, my only other wish is that this tour includes "So Cruel", "Acrobat", and "Kite" in the setlists!