Different Producers In To Finish New U2 Album?

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

Will U2 surprise us with a double album?  Titles could include "Night and Day" "Heaven and Hell" or "Visible and Invisible".  Praying 4u2 as they continue to work in the studio.  I don't have a problem with them getting second opinions.  They have a great relationship with Danny, Brian and Steve. I'm sure U2 have called them in to take a listen.  God will walk through the room.  He is always present.  Its a matter of faith and sight.  God is reliable, it is us that are unreliable.  This constant talk of pushing back the release date is getting very tiring for me.... but I can wait...  New song coming out tomorrow!  I am psyched.  Can't wait...

• Subscriber

Will U2 surprise us with a double album?  Titles could include "Night and Day" "Heaven and Hell" or "Visible and Invisible".  Praying 4u2 as they continue to work in the studio.  I don't have a problem with them getting second opinions.  They have a great relationship with Danny, Brian and Steve. I'm sure U2 have called them in to take a listen.  God will walk through the room.  He is always present.  Its a matter of faith and sight.  God is reliable, it is us that are unreliable.  This constant talk of pushing back the release date is getting very tiring for me.... but I can wait...  New song coming out tomorrow!  I am psyched.  Can't wait...

In every darkness there's a puncturing ray of light at some point, it must be!  Or else there's no sense in anything !!!

Edited by pain_18_
  • Subscriber

In a separate USA Today article, Bono shares some of the lyrics from "Invisible" and also reveals that U2 may "experiment" with new producers in the final stages of the album, though Danger Mouse will be producer on "most" of the album.

-------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for posting this. I used the link here to read the article. It's a good article - I just wish we could tell from Bono's words whether he means "new" producers in the sense of 'any producers other than Danger Mouse' - or if he means "new" as in completely new in this sense: 'none of the producers who have ever worked on any of our recordings in the past.' (He said U2 "might experiment w/ some new people" in the final stages.) It's nice getting these bits of info now & then.

• Subscriber

Btw, it was great to see this little quote in the article (it's a quote of Bono talking about having played in a little ballroom recently) :

"I realized, there's something very fresh about just guitar, bass, drums and a voice. The way music is processed at the moment, when you hear that you go, 'Wow!' Though it's obviously been around for a while."

• Subscriber

I am disappointed that it's taking so long.....Dylan, Springsteen and Morrison have released more albums over the period of time that the band have been together. I feel like I am dragged through another phase of propaganda about the new album. The only thing that would make the wait worthwhile would be a double album which I don't think will happen because U2 don't do surprises. Also, the snippet of invisible does nothing for me.

• Subscriber

I am disappointed that it's taking so long.....Dylan, Springsteen and Morrison have released more albums over the period of time that the band have been together. I feel like I am dragged through another phase of propaganda about the new album. The only thing that would make the wait worthwhile would be a double album which I don't think will happen because U2 don't do surprises. Also, the snippet of invisible does nothing for me.

I don't like that snippet either !