Different Producers In To Finish New U2 Album?

• Subscriber

If my memory serves me correctly, didn't they state that they had enough material to release 3-4 albums during the last tour?? What happened to those songs?? They never released "Mercy", "Northstar" etc.

Well, judging by the reaction on these forums at the time, I don't think many people liked them.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

If my memory serves me correctly, didn't they state that they had enough material to release 3-4 albums during the last tour?? What happened to those songs?? They never released "Mercy", "Northstar" etc.

Well, judging by the reaction on these forums at the time, I don't think many people liked them.

I like NorthStar but they completely trashed Mercy, the 'How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb' version is the best so far !!!!

• Subscriber

North Star was weak. One of the most weakest u2 songs since wild honey. I hope we never have a version of it ever.

Every breaking wave was not much better either. Maybe slightly better.

Loved both songs, they cannot be compared to Wild Honey !!!

• Subscriber

North Star was weak. One of the most weakest u2 songs since wild honey. I hope we never have a version of it ever.

Thankfully somebody agrees with me on those two songs. Absolute dribble by U2 standards, and 'Glastonbury' not much better, though better imo.

• Subscriber

I like NorthStar but they completely trashed Mercy, the 'How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb' version is the best so far !!!!

Yeah 'North Star' I need that song releasing :)

• Subscriber

Thankfully somebody agrees with me on those two songs. Absolute dribble by U2 standards, and 'Glastonbury' not much better, though better imo.

North Star, Wild Honey and Glastonbury - in my humble view - better than anything on Achtung Baby - except Until the End of the World.  But everyone likes different stuff and the world would be really dull and boring if we didn't.

Achtung Baby ... pah so overrated ;)  :D