I Swear! Bono, You Have Already Let Me Down! Not Done? June? Really?

Allegra

• Subscriber

U2 TEASES 'INVISIBLE,' BONO SAYS IT'S NOT FIRST SINGLE

Also Says U2 Will Keep Working on Album for 'A Couple of Months'

@U2, January 30, 2014

By: Matt McGee

7835-m.jpg

Now we know for certain: "Invisible" is from U2's next album, but it's not the first single. That's the word from Bono in a new USA Today articleabout the band's partnership with (RED) and Bank of America to use the song in a Super Bowl commercial this Sunday. The track will be a free download around the world via iTunes from 6:00 pm ET Sunday until 11:59 pm ET Monday. And then, the article says, the song will no longer be available on iTunes.

Bono says they chose "Invisible" because "it's the first [song] we finished," and the band has a different song in mind as the first single:

"We have another song we're excited about to kick off the album. This is just sort of a sneak preview -- to remind people we exist."

But it sounds like the When? of that new album is still very much up in the air. Bono tells the paper that the band will keep working on the album "for a couple of months. We want it to come out this summer, but you don't want to let anyone down."

In a separate USA Today article, Bono shares some of the lyrics from "Invisible" and also reveals that U2 may "experiment" with new producers in the final stages of the album, though Danger Mouse will be producer on "most" of the album.

Meanwhile, to whet appetites before Sunday's song premiere, U2 shared a very brief teaser video Thursday night on YouTube that features the video's audience singing part of the song.

Quit telling us when you think it's going to be done!

No more projections or empty promises!  

Shut your face and just GIT ER DONE!

We will wait for you!

We LOVE you!

Edited by Allegra

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

I love your passion Allegra. Everyone wants it to get here soon but let them get it right! No cheesy lame or generic filler songs like "go crazy tonight." Id like to hear more in the style of "Breathe" which i think was the best son on the disk.

Yeah, that's right, Breathe is a Great song !!!

I love your passion Allegra. Everyone wants it to get here soon but let them get it right! No cheesy lame or generic filler songs like "go crazy tonight." Id like to hear more in the style of "Breathe" which i think was the best son on the disk.

breathe is one of my very favs of all their songs....

every day finding the courage to walk out into the streets...with arms out...got a love you cant defeat...

sing your heart out, sing your heart out!!

the songs are in their eyes...

(goosebumps!)