Springsteen Offering Concert Downloads...u2 Hello?

Time for U2 to step up to the plate with their next tour don't you think?  2 of Bruce's latest shows in South Africa are on his site for download and the wristband isn't necessary for downloading.

http://brucespringsteen.fanfire.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/Store.woa/wa/artist?sourceCode=BSPWEBWWUSD&categoryName=Live+Downloads&artistName=Bruce+Springsteen

Edited by surrenders
  • Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

Thanks for saying it, I've been thinking it for a while. And I am sure that there are hundreds of thousands of us who would like to download the audio from our 360 tour concerts for a nominal fee of course, that is unless your feeling generous, you don't have to spend any time editing and making it perfect because I'm sure we all will agree that they were all perfect and beautiful night in thier entirety.  And you can start with the second night in Montreal if it Pleases you: ) c'mon You can do it!!! I'm sure you have the audio from every show. Thank You for your consideration on this matter : )

• Subscriber

You'd have to wait about 5 years after each gig for edge to fuckin fine tune it!

That shit gets out there anyway in shiite quality and they already typically air one show on the radio or youtube anyway each tour without worrying about mass editing. 

Honestly I think this is a great idea and a great way for the band to not only make money but also a great promotion tool for the fan club (in addition to getting the presales, each member could get one free download of a show of their choosing).

The band could still spend time editing and re-editing the official tour cd that comes out later but this would give each fan out there a quality piece to remember any particular show they would like forever. 

• Subscriber

I saw Springsteen on the 8th with my brother who is a fan. he's waiting for the concert to come up on Bruce's site, $11 for mp3. I've downloaded MetallicA concerts for $10 a show, so that's a pretty good price :)