Tour Discussion Thread

Jorstin

• Subscriber

Although there are no quotes saying "no Croke park shows" then I do wonder what Ireland shows they will play because I wouldn't mind seeing them on hometurf on the next tour.

Isn't there an O2 venue in Dublin also?

Good point. Yes there is! 

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

Although there are no quotes saying "no Croke park shows" then I do wonder what Ireland shows they will play because I wouldn't mind seeing them on hometurf on the next tour.

Perhaps I'll be lucky enough to raise a pint to toast U2 at the O2 on both Irish and English soil then.

• Subscriber

Unfortunately my guess is that they won't be starting the tour until around September timeframe but stranger things have happened.  Hell, at this rate, we'll be lucky to see an album before September but if they hold to the current timetable, album is released in June, they have July and August to prep for the tour and start in September.  My guess is that they start in Europe and the British Isles and hit the states by the spring of next year.  Regardless... I hope to see Ireland and the banks of Dublin this year!

Yeah, how many times has it been put back already, and if they are not happy with the next couple of months work on it then it will be put back even further, its almost odds on!.

Good thing is with an arena tour, it should be easier to plan and get the stage etc.. sorted, it took ages with them planning and sorting out the claw and the 360 screen. Hopefully there will be plenty of lights and a screen or two but that should be about it!.

• Subscriber

Perhaps I'll be lucky enough to raise a pint to toast U2 at the O2 on both Irish and English soil then.

^^^^ Thats my plan, depending where they play, I got to see a few shows on 360, but i missed out Dublin. Maybe a trip to france as well if moneys ok

• Subscriber

Highest capacity first...  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_indoor_arenas_in_Europe

Strangely the Dublin O2 isnt listed there, but it hold 23,000 which is not far of the largest. 

I do see it listed on there with a capacity of 14,500

misseed that, i googled it and it came up as 23,000 weird!

Erikson globe looks quality!

Edited by utwothefly

• Subscriber

No no NO! Feb is too cold!!! I'm not going to a gig in my thermals!  :lol: It would so have to be indoors!

Besides, it no doubt will snow, this is Britain, we will come to a standstill, the whole transport system will be down!! I just know it.